Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Where my R frame is cracked

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2001, 12:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After doing my normal inspection and maintaince, I found a couple of cracks. Since I was getting ready to order shocks and A-arms I figured this was a good tome to do a complete rebuild.
My frame has several cracks, here is the list: rear motor mount, where it is welded to the frame, lower left motor mount, where welded to the frame, front left motor mount is broken, the detachable triangle, right front motor mount where welded to the frame, the area where the footpeg, rear subframe and brake is cracked, the left side swing arm pivot bracket is cracked, the bracket the linkage attaches to at the bottom of the frame is cracked at the weld, the area right below the shifter shaft is cracked (strange area for it to break) and the top motor mount that goes from side to side and through the headstay is completely broken. Also, the frame is cracked on the right side on top, right where it comes out of the factory gusseting after making the bend, and the seat latch has a small crack.
It sounds like a lot, but it all happened in just a few rides. I figure that the upper motor mount broke and I didn't catch it cuz it is under the tank. Once it was broken it allowed the motor to move around and take out the rest of them. My buddy is a very good fabricator and has some good ideas to repair and strengthen these areas. If anybody wants more info, e-mail me at dcrummers@aol.com

Old 02-17-2001, 12:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had the same problem and all of those places can be welded, i would not have a shop do it but a welder