Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Cleaning Atv

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009 | 10:36 AM
|
Pro Rider
Default Cleaning Atv

Was wondering what most of you use to clean your atv after a long days ride from dust, mud and what we get; tree sap and cow sh#% from riding in open range areas.

I generally give it a could bath with the garden hose, on tough stains I have been using Simple Green. To brighten' up the shine I normally use Pledge or Plexus. I think the Pledge works best.

Any thoughts on a good paste wax for colored plastic.

Old 06-11-2009 | 11:00 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!

I also use a hose, if it's really covered with mud I stop by the car wash on the way home to spray off the big stuff then wash it at home with a hose and car wash soap or dish detergent.
I have found using Tire Wet by Black Magic works well on the plastic.
The Tire Wet really gives heavily scratched and scuffed plastic a good shine.
If you spray Pam nonstick spray on your plastic and other parts of your quad the dust and mud doesn't stick as much. Makes for an easier clean up.

Old 06-11-2009 | 11:21 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"

I use the diaper method. Clean it up, but I don't polish anything cause you know what's gonna happen in a while.

I did buy a low pressure power washer. Stronger than the garden hose, but not so strong it peels off the stickers, or blows out the o-rings on the chain. I do try to avoid the chain as much as possible.

Old 06-11-2009 | 05:32 PM
Trailblazer

use super clean on the frame and engine after every ride... stays brand new

Old 06-11-2009 | 06:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

Your supposed to clean them???? LMAO.

Serously, I use simple green; let it sit for 10 minutes, and hose it off. Very clean, but not showroom.

Old 06-11-2009 | 06:46 PM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.

I use my garden hose to wash it off, then use Black Magic to wipe down, it really gives it that show room look. Just spray on the towel and wipe down.

Old 06-11-2009 | 08:17 PM
Pro Rider

i blow all the mud off with a hose, then put dish soap mixed with another cleaner sometimes and i pour it in one of those little fertilizer spreader cans that u pump up then spray, and i spray that all over the bike then rinse it off, shammy then plexus.

Old 06-12-2009 | 09:35 PM
Trailblazer

Hit it with the hose to get rid of the chunks, then wash it with a sponge and car wash soap. Then a liberal spray of Armorall or Sonofagun on the plastics.

Old 06-12-2009 | 10:23 PM
Pro Rider

I have my wife put on her short shorts..... I grab a cold beer and watch her wash the quad.......I really don't care if it's clean or not!!!!

It's the beauty of her having her own quad, I maintain them and she washes them....the muddier they get the better it is for me! LOL!

Old 06-12-2009 | 10:26 PM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.

Originally Posted by firehog
I have my wife put on her short shorts..... I grab a cold beer and watch her wash the quad.......I really don't care if it's clean or not!!!!

It's the beauty of her having her own quad, I maintain them and she washes them....the muddier they get the better it is for me! LOL!
I think you have the best set up I've seen so far!!!

Quick Reply: Cleaning Atv