Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Honda Recon Snorkels!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 08:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just snorkeled my Honda recon 250 and when I'm in first gear trying to take off it sputters out but after I shift gears it runs fine. Can anyone help me?

Old 04-20-2016, 08:29 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by CoGo
I just snorkeled my Honda recon 250 and when I'm in first gear trying to take off it sputters out but after I shift gears it runs fine. Can anyone help me?
Either you are getting to much air, or not enough. Take out your spark plug and tell me what it looks like

Old 04-20-2016, 08:32 PM
Trailblazer

when I did mine, the vent line for the car was clamped on to tight and the carb was not getting air. Fixed that problem and it ran 100%. you may need to block off the end of the snorkel half way to restrict some air flow, I had to. Mine was getting to much air. Look at the little stock snorkel you pulled out. Drill a hole that big in a cap that will fit in the end of your snorkel. That is what I did and it ran perfect.

Old 04-20-2016, 09:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Chris.400
when I did mine, the vent line for the car was clamped on to tight and the carb was not getting air. Fixed that problem and it ran 100%. you may need to block off the end of the snorkel half way to restrict some air flow, I had to. Mine was getting to much air. Look at the little stock snorkel you pulled out. Drill a hole that big in a cap that will fit in the end of your snorkel. That is what I did and it ran perfect.
Thanks Chris I'll give it a try tomorrow

Old 04-20-2016, 09:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by CoGo
Thanks Chris I'll give it a try tomorrow
How do I get it more air I'm thinking that is the problem. Will I have to re-run the pipes?

Old 08-24-2016, 11:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Its not worth it!!

There needs to be a single PVC not dual. And it needs a reducer because on a trx250 the engine can only take so much air in and it might be sputtering and will not run correct. Check your air filter or put a size reducer on the top of PVC and try to avoid angles very helpful. But its not worth it gave me so many headaches but I finally figured it out.

Old 08-31-2016, 09:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Help for Chris.400

Hey Chris you will have to put a size reducer on the end of it you can get them at home depot for like $2

Old 09-17-2017, 09:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

I know this thread is old as the hills but around how much pipe did you use for this and would ABS work?

Old 10-28-2021, 01:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by VA bogger
I'm looking to do this to my Honda recon es 250 and I'm not sure where the vent lines are can someone help.
ok so you want to do your gas line carb line and your 2 rear diff lines. Seal air box and all electrical connection all pvc use pvc glue

Old 07-14-2023, 07:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by merryman
Hondas have breather pipes running from the diff(s), brake backplates and carburettor that run up to the area round the fuel tank so water can't get in. If you want to go deeper than this you need these pipes to be longer, as well as the air intake snorkel.
where exactly are all of the breather pipes located like front/middle/back

Quick Reply: Honda Recon Snorkels!!