Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Riding Pants Recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 01:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riding Pants Recommendation

I don't have riding pants. I wear jeans. But I don't ride for hours & hours. There's 4 of us and we do easy trail riding. Nobody has riding pants. So far, we haven't really needed or wanted them. But we want to do a 3 day weekend to Hatfield McCoy in W.VA. I know there's a thing called Monkey Butt and I don't want it. So, without breaking the bank, is there a riding pant recommendation? I'd like to stay under $50 each.

Old 07-02-2009, 01:54 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

Pants? We're supposed to wear pants????

I've got mx style pants and hardly wear them. IMO, it's more how much ventilation the pants you're wearing have. Monkey butt is basically a sweaty behind that is being rubbed by your underdawers (if you wear them) and by the seat.

Use can use Anti Monkey Butt and other products (cornstarch) before you start your ride to help.

I will warn you of this. If you do use the brand Anti Monkey Butt, it has dried calamine lotion in it. While this is good for any itchy rash, it will turn your shorts pink. (again if you wear any)

Last edited by scootergptx; 07-02-2009 at 02:12 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:56 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!

Oh, my favorite riding pants are actually some cargo pants that have zip off legs. Really nice when you're riding in the hot summer. Takes just a minute to be wearing shorts at the campsite, and it you want to ride again later, no changing clothes is needed.

Old 07-02-2009, 02:00 PM
Trailblazer

Carhartts

Old 07-02-2009, 02:09 PM
Pro Rider

regular jeans ! if your gonna get monkey a$$ its gonna happen with any type pant, my neighbor races Pro flat track and i laughed my a$$ of when i saw the anti monkey a$$ powder. ive never had a problem with MA.

Old 07-02-2009, 03:15 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Scooter,
What brand are the pants you have that have the zip off legs? Where can I get some?

Old 07-02-2009, 03:24 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!

Originally Posted by budedm
Hey Scooter,
What brand are the pants you have that have the zip off legs? Where can I get some?
Well, that's part of the problem. I can't find them any more. I do know that Thor, Fox and a few other brands make pants with zip off legs, but I got mine at JC Penny, and they were on sale for 10-15 bucks. And they don't have all the padding, so they're cooler.

Of course, just about the time I decided they were really good for riding, they stopped selling them.

Seems like I found a pair at a sporting goods store once too, but the were in the clearance section.

Old 07-02-2009, 03:27 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!

If I can remember, I'll try to look at the tag tonight and see who made them. Maybe there still out there somewhere.

Old 07-02-2009, 03:50 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Scootergptx
If I can remember, I'll try to look at the tag tonight and see who made them. Maybe there still out there somewhere.

look at cabelas and bass pro them kind of pants are popular with fisherman, i had a camo pair but lost the legs LOL ! now there just shorts.

Old 07-02-2009, 03:53 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!

Originally Posted by hoytultratec
look at cabelas and bass pro them kind of pants are popular with fisherman, i had a camo pair but lost the legs LOL ! now there just shorts.
I can only imagine what kind of price they'd have on them.

I got spoiled by the cheap stuff. One pair needs a new zipper. Cost 10 bucks for the cleaners to put one in. Paid 10 bucks for the whole pair of pants. Some day, I'll just break down and get them fixed.

Quick Reply: Riding Pants Recommendation