Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

somebody smart please help me!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2001, 07:59 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm trying to build a web-site to put my riding pics on, and I need to know how to make my large pics into thumbnails. Because I have alot of pics and it wont take as long to download this way! Please help! I'm using angelfie web-sites!

Old 02-18-2001, 10:09 PM
Pro Rider

you have to have a photo editing software..and shrink em down a little..then save em

Old 02-18-2001, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider

or when you save the pic......in the 'save as' box at the bottom is a details button.....i think

hit that and it should bring down an extra menu......then just save it to a lower resolution

Old 02-19-2001, 12:42 PM
Pro Rider

whenever I do a web page with thumbnails...I use paint shop pro...
Make sure all the pictures are in one directory and click on the browse function. It will bring up all the pictures in thumbnail view.
Then you have all kinds of options. You can do screen grabs of each thumb. Or get a shot of the whole page and do an image map.
Or you can use a place like photopoint and they will store your pictures for nothing and create thumbs for you.

Old 02-19-2001, 06:49 PM
Pro Rider

Evesoul, dont listen to them i got a way ten, make that 100 times easier. Well first I need to ask you if you know anything about html code? Do you? If you do it will be so much easier. Go to my site and check it out and see if it is set up how you like. www.angelfire.com/extreme/400exer.html
Now basically I did that all by myself. It is so easy to set them up by copying off of other peoples website.

Basically what you do is right click on one of my website pages, and click "view source" It will then give you all of your html code. (note...this is in advanced, you cant do basic, have to do advanced)

So click on advanceda and type this in to substitute- - - - <align="center">[img]whateveryousavedyourphotoas.JPG[/img]

Right now that would put your picture in the center of the website. You need to figure out what you saved your photos as and type that exactly between the quotation mark. I spent almost 10 hours one time trying to figure out why my photos wouldnt open up and the reason was i didn't have a capital .JPG, i only had .jpg, so you gotta be careful it is really touchy. Also as far as the height and width goes, just make it smaller or bigger. Right now it is a perfect quare. Hope I helped, email me if you got more questions, Im an internet wizard (not really, just intrested me so i spent time to figure it out)

Old 02-22-2001, 04:31 PM
Pro Rider

Well are you going to use my help or not? Hows it coming along?

Old 02-22-2001, 05:42 PM
Trailblazer

I most certainly am! It's definately coming, just kinda slow. But that's understandable considering it's the first time i've messed with html codes and such. Thanks alot for giving me that tip, i'll be sure to let you know once i get it completed!