Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

new 2010 models

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 08:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new 2010 models

well if all goes well and the computer works as its supposed to i will get to see and hear info about the 2010 models.......honda has told me that there will be only 10 2010 models. now i dont know if thats new models or total models. the number 10 includes birt bike and atvs.......the rest of the line up will be 09 models.....they still have abundant stock of some models and they will be sold thru 2010 as 2009 models. this is what i was told.....after the webinar at noon i will post what i know...

Old 07-10-2009, 10:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i am curious to see if the IRS on the rancher AT will be a standard on the entire rancher lineup for 2010...

Old 07-10-2009, 12:49 PM
Pro Rider

well the only thing i seen new was the crf250r dirt bike.......the ranchers get a new rear rack and a softer seat.....yeeeehaaaaww....so far all others remain the same.....

Old 07-10-2009, 01:04 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!

Isn't this really really early for Honda to release new model info????

Do you have a link to the "webinar"??? Nothing I can see up on their regular site yet besides a press release. If it is like last year, info will trickle in for a long time.....

http://powersports.honda.com/press/5...10-models.aspx

Old 07-11-2009, 07:57 AM
Red Rider

Rancher seems to have gotten preload adjustable suspension:

2010 FourTrax Rancher - Honda Powersports

Old 07-15-2009, 08:37 AM
Red Rider

I know Honda has many things in the R&D pipeline, but obviously they are playing it conservative with new models (just one MX dirt bike) in these uncertain economic times! It may also be that these are early releases, and we might see some mid-year releases later on (?).

I tested a prototype for Honda, and it was a very unique, well thought out, well designed concept that should appeal to a large percentage of the market. This thing will sell well, once it comes to market! But....retooling for a new model is a huge expense, and if you are not going to be able to recoup that investment very quickly, it makes no business sense when sales are slow. On the other hand, you don't want to be so conservative that you get caught sitting on your thumbs either, when the market finally does trun around.....

Old 07-17-2009, 02:55 PM
Red Rider

YouTube - Honda 2

Looks like only the Ranchers and Rincon will be produced as 2010 models. With inventory still high on the other 2009 models, doesn't make good business sense to retool to produce more of the others when there are unsold units in the warehouse.

The Rancher has been Honda's bread and butter model for a decade now, so why mess with success. The base model Rancher is still be best value on the market for the buyer's dollar!

Old 07-18-2009, 07:57 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by reconranger
YouTube - Honda 2

Looks like only the Ranchers and Rincon will be produced as 2010 models. With inventory still high on the other 2009 models, doesn't make good business sense to retool to produce more of the others when there are unsold units in the warehouse.

The Rancher has been Honda's bread and butter model for a decade now, so why mess with success. The base model Rancher is still be best value on the market for the buyer's dollar!
I like the Ranchers too but I wish they would put IRS on ALL the rancher models. I'd get one ASAP if I could get that with the ESP tranny. Im currently looking at 400/450 Grizzlys but if I can find a Honda with the features I want a good price I'd be all over it. It just sems that they are in love with rear swingarm suspension.

Old 07-18-2009, 04:50 PM
Red Rider

Originally Posted by RoadLizard
I like the Ranchers too but I wish they would put IRS on ALL the rancher models. I'd get one ASAP if I could get that with the ESP tranny. Im currently looking at 400/450 Grizzlys but if I can find a Honda with the features I want a good price I'd be all over it. It just sems that they are in love with rear swingarm suspension.
Your "ESP Tranny" comments are kind of confusing! Have you checked out the new Rancher 420AT???? It has IRS, fuel injection, is water cooled, and has a totally unique dual-clutch gear-on-gear trans that can be shifted manually (by pushbuttons) or left to shift itself automatically. It is a little heavy for my taste, but will most likely be my next atv purchase....

While IRS is a nice option if one constantly rides in very rocky terrain, but it's certainly not a necessity. I go everywhere in my SRA Rancher, that my buddies do on their $10,000 top of the line IRS big bores, including yard deep snow!

Old 07-22-2009, 02:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

I see that there is no listing yet for 2010 Honda Foreman or Rubicon.

Anyone know if we can expect a mid-year release for a new Foreman Design?

Quick Reply: new 2010 models