Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

ideas for a Floation device

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 06:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default photos

I just went out and took some pictures. I already have a warn 1.5 winch. Anyhow here are the pictures.ideas for a Floation device-winch.jpg
ideas for a Floation device-myrecon.jpg
ideas for a Floation device-stryker.jpg

Attached Thumbnails ideas for a Floation device-myrecon1.jpg  
Old 03-19-2010, 08:18 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I guess I would go with the air tank idea. Something about as long as your quad is wide. Figure out a way to attach it to your brushguard and have a welder fix some brackets to it.

Old 03-19-2010, 10:51 PM
Trailblazer

Definatly need more aggressive tires. That's just my op. Sweet machine though.

Old 03-20-2010, 10:27 AM
Weekend Warrior

GEEZ LOUISE I just spent $200. on those strykers. I am open for suggestions though. Last week this other guy who happened to meet up with us while riding was talking about some tires he had bought and was disappointed because they will fill with clay between treads and become slick with 0 traction.At least these DO clean themselves and I don't loose traction. Well (so far a least). I think the other guy was talking about Vampire tires not sure though I can't remember exactly.

Old 03-20-2010, 10:53 AM
Weekend Warrior

Oh BTW it is a RT15 warn winch not a 1.5 as I had posted a few post back.
ideas for a Floation device-rt15-winch.jpg

Old 03-20-2010, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Well, I think if you have a 1500 lb. winch for a Recon it's more than enough.

Old 03-20-2010, 07:26 PM
Trailblazer

IMOK
I didn't mean to offend you. I thought they was stock tires. As long as you get good traction and they clean out good then they are perfect.

Old 03-20-2010, 09:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

No offense taken; seriously. I was leery about buying them at first but I had to consider two things. One; that I do still want to ride around my yard without tearing up the grass and two, I like to trial ride and most are either red sand clay or just sandy soil. There are a few times when ya really get into sloppy MUD but you have to go looking for it around here. So far they have done great for me. They hold the trial great even at a medium fast speed about 30-35 mph and the lugs throw the sticky mud/dirt right out of them. I live on 26 acres and the back 5 is swamp with railroad slag on the other side. My recon does a great job in all the terrain.
Where I was last weekend was about 15 miles from my home and it was a new trial for me. But I had a blast though. We crossed 1 creek about a foot deep and about 4 MUD holes, one of which was really deep and I found the deepest part on my own Name:  embarassed.gif
Views: 196
Size:  803 Bytes .I got a little worried cause I did slow down through the middle of it but I wound up getting through it with no problem.
Things like that big unexpected mudhole is what got me to thinking about the flotation device for the front end and a possible snorkel. As you can see in the pictures though I keep it clean and any maintenance is done quick as possible.
There was no offense taken and for sure I am always open for suggestions.The way I see it is, you're never to old to learn something new.

Old 03-20-2010, 09:41 PM
Trailblazer

I might have found just what you need. (Google)Ducks Unlimited: Wetllands ATV tires. They are a mud tire that are also floataion tires, and part of the money goes to support wetland conservations. Check it out. All you would need is two on the front. Thay are 6 ply tire made by ITP

Old 03-20-2010, 09:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

cool I will check it out. I have another question though. I DO change the oil regularly BUT haha for the life of me I can not seem to find an oil filter on it??? HELP?So I just drain the oil and fill the crankcase again. Is that cool. Fine time to be asking now huh?

Quick Reply: ideas for a Floation device