Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

New Honda or Yamaha?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 02:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im not an anything boy, i ride what i like no matter the decal on the tank.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Originally Posted by sportszillasheex
im not an anything boy, i ride what i like no matter the decal on the tank.
Funny thing me too! I just dont like to share all the toys I have had a Popo and Honda 250R.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by DODGE57HEMI
Funny thing me too! I just dont like to share all the toys I have had a Popo and Honda 250R.

i have had too many to count and havent had any major trouble with any of them

Old 08-19-2010, 02:42 PM
Pro Rider

Ok fine your right they are all just as reliable as each other......which makes no sense but if thats what needs to happen to make everyone happy...

I can see if I was a youngster and didnt already own every brand out there...

I never understood people that have brand loyalty blindy.. I only talk about things I have seen or experienced.. Ive owned all the major brands through the 90's and 2000's...

I hate to tell ya but honda makes the most reliable wheelers out there.. or maybe my kawasaki/suzuki/polaris/yamahas ive had were all lemons..

Sure the yamaha did hold up good..the suzuki wasnt bad either..but Nowhere as indestructable as the honda's i have owned over the years..

I actually went with other brands for the power and features. I did..but one day I was in my garage looking at my current wheeler at the time a brute force...which was after my Vinson after my grizzly after my sportman... and said I gotta get a Honda I cannot put one more damn dollar in these atv's I want one that starts everyday does what I want out of it without my having to nurse it back to health once a month.. maybe I ride them hard.. maybe I neglect them sometimes cuz I ride them more than I wanna work on them.. maybe I skip an oil change for a month..maybe I go mudding and leave it caked on the machine for a week.. whatever all i know is I switched back to Hondas 3 years ago.. and it been nothiing but great..No shop visits NONE!!! Not one thing has broken in three years or worn out no rattles.. not even brakes or a single bearing..

I have no doubts I will get an easy 10k miles outta this rincon..

so anyway yes I am loyal to honda for a reason.. not just because I own one..because I am so confident in its reliability that i don't even have to think about it. I just ride..

Old 08-19-2010, 02:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

I know what you mean! I would love to have a Can-Am Renegade X-xc but my pocet book tells me otherwise! I think it would be the perfect mixture of quad for the trail I ride.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

IMO Honda does make a very reliable wheeler but when it comes to a 4x4 quad they fall of my shopping list as they are least powerful per CC and have the least amount of options for the money spent. IMO I want something that is good all around for play and reliability and if that means giving a little something up for another that if fine by me!

Old 08-19-2010, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by unit6666
Ok fine your right they are all just as reliable as each other......which makes no sense but if thats what needs to happen to make everyone happy...

I can see if I was a youngster and didnt already own every brand out there...

I never understood people that have brand loyalty blindy.. I only talk about things I have seen or experienced.. Ive owned all the major brands through the 90's and 2000's...

I hate to tell ya but honda makes the most reliable wheelers out there.. or maybe my kawasaki/suzuki/polaris/yamahas ive had were all lemons..

Sure the yamaha did hold up good..the suzuki wasnt bad either..but Nowhere as indestructable as the honda's i have owned over the years..

I actually went with other brands for the power and features. I did..but one day I was in my garage looking at my current wheeler at the time a brute force...which was after my Vinson after my grizzly after my sportman... and said I gotta get a Honda I cannot put one more damn dollar in these atv's I want one that starts everyday does what I want out of it without my having to nurse it back to health once a month.. maybe I ride them hard.. maybe I neglect them sometimes cuz I ride them more than I wanna work on them.. maybe I skip an oil change for a month..maybe I go mudding and leave it caked on the machine for a week.. whatever all i know is I switched back to Hondas 3 years ago.. and it been nothiing but great..No shop visits NONE!!! Not one thing has broken in three years or worn out no rattles.. not even brakes or a single bearing..

I have no doubts I will get an easy 10k miles outta this rincon..

so anyway yes I am loyal to honda for a reason.. not just because I own one..because I am so confident in its reliability that i don't even have to think about it. I just ride..

ive had many models from all the brands, not just one each, so id have to say my experience is good too... we're working on a recon right now, but it idles horribly and after a good 15 mins ride time it barely stays running.. believe me, even hondas have there problems, but they may very well still be the most reliable, but what i said is they;'re all SIMIALR (not the same)

Old 08-19-2010, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by DODGE57HEMI
IMO Honda does make a very reliable wheeler but when it comes to a 4x4 quad they fall of my shopping list as they are least powerful per CC and have the least amount of options for the money spent. IMO I want something that is good all around for play and reliability and if that means giving a little something up for another that if fine by me!

id like to try a renegade too, but the price is insane

Old 08-19-2010, 03:03 PM
Pro Rider

Thats all I'm saying... trust me I get it.. I wish my rincon went like a brute force.. but then again I think that engine was why that machine fell apart on me..well and the tranny blew up.. and it overheated... pfft I'm having a panic attack thinkin about that thing.. I just got to a point in my life where the last thing I wanted to worry about was if my wheeler needed to be worked on..they are supposed to be fun and stress reducers.. not a stress producer..

they are all ok...but ok aint good enough for me anymore personally..

Old 08-19-2010, 03:05 PM

trying to start a carbureted honda in cold weather is a stress producer

Quick Reply: New Honda or Yamaha?