Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

How is a STOCK 250R??

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2001, 03:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That would be the baddest set up you can buy, BADDEST!That thing would rip insanely!

Old 03-07-2001, 03:45 PM
Pro Rider

O ya and if you are right on how you ride "wide open" you might want to think about a turbo charger.

Old 03-08-2001, 12:43 PM
Pro Rider

Actually, money is a problem. I'm student, work full time only during summer, and if schoole time allows, 1 day a week during autumn and winter sessions (this winter, for example, I can't work caus' I study 5 days a week).
If I had 20000$cdn laying on the floor, the 500 laeger would be roostin in the dust with me on top of it.
I don't have 20000$, and I don't want to ruin my real life by working/studying day and night, and sinceI already have a quad, the "lack" of 500 is no problem.

What I mean is I'd rather keep the shee than building somehting I won't adore. So for now, I guess, I'll keep the shee, upgrade it a little (420cc), and save my money for later, when I will build that bad *** 500, if it can't big done without big $$$.
I'll give it a try though.

Old 03-08-2001, 04:18 PM
Range Rover

Zorro

What it sounds like to me is that you are tryin to build a half azzed quad. As for the banshee, how can you want the baddest machine around when u have a fricken Trailer hitch? Why don't you try to make your quad to your riding capabilities, not to be the fastest most dangerous machine around.

Old 03-08-2001, 08:12 PM
Pro Rider

There's something I hate. Getting to the limits of my machine. I wamt to be the limit. That's the only way to improve your riding. How can someone become good if he only ride a 200X 3wheeler. The ride will suit his riding abilities, but he will ride like an a$$.
You can't improve your riding if yor bike is POS.

One thing I don't get. half a$$ed quad. a 500CR powered 250R. What's a full a$$ then?

PS: if you're not good enough to handle more than me...then too bad . We obviously have different opinions. I think that without a good bike, you can't improve your riding, and you think that a bad rider shouldn't ride a fast bike. Oh well. That's life.

Old 03-09-2001, 03:49 PM
Range Rover

Whats halfazzed about the 500r ur wanting to build is that you are tryin to cut all the corners posible. These people tell you that a stock 250r frame will not handle the CR 500, but you don't want to believe them. Then why even post this topic if you are gonna believe what u want anyway.

Also, you become a better rider by going to the limits of your bike, then you extend your own limits. You find quicker ways to take turns, locations to attempt passes, etc. What you need to do is either find out its not always the guy with the biggest toys that wins or quit your worthless word hole.

Old 03-09-2001, 04:24 PM
Pro Rider

I don't like throwing oil into the fire, but you must have mis-read.
I looked at my replies...and it doesn't appear to me that I want to convince people that a stock 250R frame will hold on. I'd rather say that some people have told me to use 370s, tricked 250s...etc, but I don't want to. There's one thing that I want in the quad. The single 500cc. No one will change my mind about that.
By asking about the stock frame, I was wondering if I could save my money there. It looks like the answer is no, then I'll get something stronger(re read if necessary, I didn't say it could handle the big block).
The difference between our point of views is that you consider the frame as reference and find the baddest engine that will suit it. I consider a 500CR, and try to find a frame to go around.

And sometimes...doesn't it happen to you that you're doing all you can to find the right "lane" avvoiding the whoops (because your suspensions can't handle it), you're wide open after taking the exterior line not to loose too much speed because you know you have little less hp...and a guy passes you, while HE is in the rocks and bumps. This is the moment when I say the bike's the limit...and this actual experience really really pi$$ed me off. I did everything I could to keep my momentum, but any uphill acceleration, I would get dusted. I hate this. When I twist the right side of the handlebars, I want something to happen...and most of all, I want the others to be behind...I slowly discover that I hate being second
PS: at that moment, I had a '91 125kx, and the guy had a 99 or 00 (aluminium framed) 125cr.
I hate losing time because of my machine...that's juste the way I feel it. There is actually ONE thing that is determined 100% by your quad, the acceleration. And no way in the world I'm gonna lose time there. The minimum is as good as the others. Then I can improve my riding to GAIN time, not to get back the time I loose after each curve. But it's true that you can have any kind of machine, if you don't have "the guts" to do the big jumps, you won't be good.