Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

display

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 09:01 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default display

i was letting my fiancee's best frtiend ride my rubi because the auto is easier to drive than the manual other machines I have. well, she took a hill too hard and came down on the display. it popped the lower display plastic out on the sides, so i unscrewed the screw thats right in the middle and popped the plastic back the way it's supposed to. then i notices the plastic isn't centered on the display. the corner lights on the display (oil overheat light on the left and power steering light on the right) are now partially covered by the plastic that encapsulates the display. how do I adjust the plastic? I know its the plastic that needs re-adjusting because the gaps surrounding the headlight on the handle bars are uneven (bigger gap at the top of the light. so the plastic needs to be pushed up on the display, and that same motion will even out that top gap on the headlight.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:51 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well, i looked into it this morning a little deeper, and found that the back side of the display, where it mounts to the frame, is cracked and broke right out. i just ordered a new meter assembly from cheapcycleparts.com (great price compared to everywhere else!), as the back side of the display is NOT sold separately. i would really like to try to replace this unit myself, as it doesn't look that difficult if someone takes their time and has the right tools.

does anyone have a service manual excript with instructions for assembly and disassembly of the meter assembly of a 2009 TRX500FPA?