Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Your opinion on atv riding boots.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 06:32 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Your opinion on atv riding boots.

Ok so i need some opinions on a pair of riding boots.These will be my first actual pair of riding boots.I have always worn hikers or work boots to ride with.Would a full motocross boot be good or should i go with the newer atv hiker type boot.I tried on a pair of full motocross boots and i did not like the tall boot feel.So i am thinking the shorter boots will be better and still give me the ankle and foot support needed to ride my atv.What do you all think.

Old 05-14-2010, 06:46 AM
Pro Rider

If you race or do GNCC, I would get a full height pair. If you ride trails, forget it. Get a pair of 11" hunting boots. That way you can use them for a few different things and not just riding. Just my opinion. Riding boots are too stiff to enjoy trail riding but you gotta have them for racing.

Old 05-14-2010, 07:43 AM
Trailblazer

I wear full motorcross boots. Agree they feel strange to start with but you get used to them.

I used to wear work boots right up until the time I sprained my ankle way out in the middle of nowhere.

Old 05-14-2010, 08:27 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

I'd go with the full atv boot. I've had a stick come off the front tire and through the webbing on the nerfs then kinda jab me in the shin. No telling whether that would have hurt or not with just regular boots on, but I'm glad I didn't have to find out.

If you do go with the atv boot, go to a dealer and try a few on. Once you find a brand you like, go online and you'll probably find a better deal. Look in the closeout sections of the online stores and you can find some great deals on new boots, just last years version.

Old 05-14-2010, 08:39 AM
Pro Rider

Go with with full ATV boots, not MX boots.

MX boots typically have a smoother sole, while ATV boots will have a more aggressive, "waffle stomper" Vibram type sole for better traction.

After a crash/get off, MX'ers usually just have to pick up the bike and go. ATV'ers usually have some type of pushing/pulling/etc of the quad after a mishap, and that is why ATV boots have high traction vs the smooth soles of MX boots.

Another option would be steel toe work boots with a high traction sole. True MX & ATV boots will have some type of toe protection.

Speaking from experience, if you've ever nicked a stump/rock/etc with your foot while riding, you'll be glad you purchased boots with toe protection.

Old 05-14-2010, 08:41 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!

Originally Posted by KQ400Pilot

Speaking from experience, if you've ever nicked a stump/rock/etc with your foot while riding, you'll be glad you purchased boots with toe protection.

They come in pretty darn handy after you've hit a tree and decide to kick the tree.

Old 05-14-2010, 08:53 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

I wear full ATV boots when riding trails and the shorty boots when riding the sand.
I want the added protection of the tall, stiff boots while on the trails.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:10 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

These are the ones I wear! Alpinestars Tech3 AT boot

Old 05-14-2010, 09:16 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!

I've had 2 pairs of Alpinestars. Been very happy with them and if I ever need another pair they will be that brand.

Old 05-14-2010, 11:35 AM
Range Rover

If your looking for a good pair of boots that are comfortable and fair priced I would recomment the ARC MX240 boots they have a hinge like system at the ankle which I think is sweet it defitly makes them better to walk in. Check them out httphttp://www.rockymountainatvmc.co...FamilyId=14345

Quick Reply: Your opinion on atv riding boots.