Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

TNN quads during monster trucks

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2001, 04:23 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That monster jam at the dome was sweet. Like almost every truck got into an accident at the end. Not to mention that chick Madusa has a great set of air bags to protect her chest. I thought she won the free style but I guess not.

Old 03-13-2001, 09:34 AM
Trailblazer

Went to see it also in Pittsburgh COOL to see the quads race but you guys are right it was all staged.I think the best part of the show was the intermission.Tey had about 15 gas powered remote control trucks/cars going off the jump's and raceing around!!

Old 03-13-2001, 09:46 AM
Pro Rider

ok, i thought that was ***. the racing was stupid. only and oval? that cannot be fun. and the freestyle the only good tricks was that behine no footed can can. i can do all that ****. i wish they had a freestyle comp somewhere around minnesota because i would for sure win now seeing that them are the only tricks there doing, plus im only 15.

Old 03-13-2001, 02:20 PM
Pro Rider

I thought that the whole thing on TNN was a waste of time, why even bother with it at all if they aren't gonna show the whole race. If they are gonna do it, they should do it right. Yes it was nice to see it on TV, but they show a 2 min. clip in a 2hr long show, surely they can do better than that. I get sick of watching the "freestyle monster trucks" every week. IT gets OLD fast. They need to show more of the beat up old pickups racing too. Yes, the quad wars are a discrace to our sport. There is no better way to make a bad name for ATVers than have them fighting like a bunch of little kids. Sure, all of us in this forum know that it's fake, but for all the millions out there who see it on TV, they think it is real, and it portrays a bad image of us ATVers. We should all stop and think about it!!

Old 03-13-2001, 08:16 PM
Range Rover

it was cool. Quads on tv will probly become more popular in a few years just like motocross did.

Old 03-15-2001, 03:02 PM
Trailblazer

I dont want to make an argument or anything, but have any of you ever been in a quad wars event. I dont care if it is fake, being in front of 1000's of people is a rush. At first I didnt know if I would like QW's but after I did it once I thought it was great. Second of all, you cant usually race during the winter so the quad wars is a great alternative. The pro quads was great on TNN, but would like to see more too.

Old 03-15-2001, 03:38 PM
Range Rover

I've been riding in the Quad Wars shows for the past 3 yrs since they brought here to NM. Yes the shows here are scripted but who cares when your getting paid to go out and put on a show and have fun. This year was by far the best year, the promoters actually gave us alot more "Freedom" to do what we wanted. They have not aired the show yet but I don't know when they will, but we did have a jump off to entice the crowd, cool thing was that it was over 4 of the cars that the Monster Trucks crushed. If any of you ever have the chance to ride in these shows I would highly recommend it. It is alot of fun and I will continue to do it every year. For that person who was thinking that it is the same show that PACE put on awhile back, YES it is the same. Wrenchhead and SFX bought out Pace and all their routing shows. Sometimes I still see PACE Motorsports advertised on TNN but I don't know why.

Old 03-17-2001, 11:12 PM
Range Rover

monster jam ......

i am c'n it here in 1 week @ our First Union here in Wilkes Barre PA

i had a 88 'mojave . i've been rid'n 4 , 5 yrs .
she broke on me - BAD . i hope 2 get a rancher this june tho .

i never saw monster jam on tv .i never saw atv races either on tv or live . i hope this jam is gonna b kewl tho .

i go 2 the 4x4 Trux Jambouree , in Bloomsburg every yr here in PA. I luv that , no quads tho .

i hope this monster jam is gonna b kewl & not 2 "staged" either , like most of u said . + this arena is kinda small , i am wondering how it is all gonna fit .

i wil let u all kno

i hope so 2 that more atv races *** 2 tv .

i wanna go c atv races here in Berwick Pa , soon 2 , i will let u all kno how it goes. also here in Clifford PA they have motorcross & once in a blue moon they have atv races , i hope soon they do again. locals use the trac 4 atvs tho , which is kewl .

luv u all .....i'm a chick - its kewl ..=;~)