Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

STOCK 250EX TAKES BANSHEE IN DRAG

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2001, 11:25 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NOT REALLY.JUST KIDDIN.I HAVE A YZ250 DIRTBIKE RIGHT NOW AND AM GOING TO SELL IT IN A COUPLE OF MONTHS.I AM POSSIBLY GOING TO BUY A 4OOEX AND WAS WONDERING IF THERE ARE ANY PROBLEMS I SHOULD WATCH OUT FOR.ALSO I WAS WONDERING IF THEY OVERHEAT VERY EASILY WITH THE AIR COOLED ENGINE.I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY INFO REGARDING THIS.THANX.

Old 03-13-2001, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider

400EX's are a great bike. there aren't too many problems with em. the only complaint i have is that their very cold blooded.they take forever to warm up and their hard to start sometimes. especially in the winter. i know i have an LT but trust me i know what i'm talkin about wit 400EX's my friend has one that i ride all the time. he keeps it in my shed and he lets me ride it whenever i want. i haven't seen it overheat once and we've had it out all day in really hot weather in the sand no problem. its pretty speedy but not as fast as my LT. its an awesome jumper. it'll get decent air off even the smallest jumps if you want it too. nice squichy suspension too. i'm used to the harder suspension of my LT so i can feel it slide around a little bit when i get goin but nuthin bad.

Old 03-14-2001, 01:48 PM
Trailblazer

I would highly reccommend this machine to anyone. I used to own a LT250, have a mojave, and have ridden many other machines. For a general usage bike, you'll be extremely happy. It covers more areas than you'd expect. Its not specifically made for anything, like the DS is for dunes, or Banshee for drags/dunes. You will not be disappointed. Mine has responded very well to the work Ive done on it, no overheating problems yet with the stock oil cooler, and I have a few friends that have them in different stages of build, from stock on up, they all have different start characteristics, some like a choke, Mine doesnt like it at all, no matter what the temp, some neeed the choke to start. All of the owners have only one real complaint, the reverse thing, but it is outweighed by the praises from the suspension, reliability, service, etc. Email me if you get one, there is a really good Yahoo discussion group for owners. Lots of tips and good questions/answers. Good luck.

Old 03-15-2001, 01:23 AM
Pro Rider

Overall it is a great, well built, reliable quad.
The stock front suspension is a bit lame, but it is good for general trail riding. (ie: follow the riding rules in the manual)

If you are into sport riding, I recommend it.