Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Another Recon question.

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2001, 12:11 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Recon has a lot of engine vibration, is this normal? I also have a Rancher and it is smooth as silk. And I am talking about enough vibration to rattle the brake lever all the way from idle thru high gear.

Old 03-15-2001, 10:33 AM
Pro Rider

I'm not sure about that much vibration but the Recon still has alot of vibration but I'm not sure about how much you have. You might get a second opinion.

RRR

Old 03-15-2001, 12:38 PM
Range Rover

TXRIDER,
I know exactly what you mean. I bought a recon and a rancher a month ago and was a bit concened with this problem as well. But a bit more vibration and the cold starts did not shy me away from the recon because these so called "problems" are consistant through all recons and do not pose any problems that would effect the performance or longevity of the machine. So I would recomend as part of your maintainence of the recon just make sure all nuts and bolts stay tight. Hope this helps.
hogmaster

Old 03-15-2001, 12:41 PM
Pro Rider

Hogmaster,where do you ride in Mass?We plan on going to Otis.

Old 03-15-2001, 03:29 PM
Range Rover

Paul,
To tell you the truth until we lose another foot of snow, not to far. My wife and I plan to travel out to the western part of the state in spring/summer. I found a nice spot that I have hunted for years and recently got to take the longest ride on my rancher since I had it. It was the saturday before we got those last 2 storms.(2 weeks ago sat) I started off in grafton and realized by riding for a while and then talking to some guys that I met, you can go to westboro, uxbridge, and even into Rhode Island. It consists of a lot of gas lines, powerlines, and train tracks to get you from different locations of woods and trails. But with that all aside I am going to wait until I get both of these machines broken in before I take them out to the berkshires. Well im taking my rancher turkey hunting out in great barrington in may wich is just south of pittsfeild. Check out my reply to a post called " mass/ rhode island line" in the WHERE TO RIDE heading. Now that spot in douglass is well known to be a lot of fun. There is some nice sand pit riding in there. Keep me posted I would like to eventualy like to get together and hit some of these spots. I also find a lot of places to ride from doing a lot of hunting so your talking to the right Mass guy. Also just curiuos how old you are and what do you do for a living. If I recall you have a recon,right? My wife and I are both 29. I am a Manufacturing Engineer and my wife is in sales. Well got to make it look like im doing some work. Sorry so long winded.

hogmaster

Old 03-15-2001, 03:55 PM
Pro Rider

Those sound like some good riding spots,unlike here in CT where when you ride 5 minutes later you end up in somebody's backyard.I am 28 and I work with Computers/electronics.