Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

No two strokes in 2002!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2001, 01:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I posted the same thing about a month ago and everybody started ripping into me....Now it's accepted?!#@$ What a crazy world. Could they mean the Enduro.

Old 03-16-2001, 01:35 PM
Pro Rider

I posted the same thing about a month ago and everybody started ripping into me....Now it's accepted?!#@$ What a crazy world.

Old 03-16-2001, 01:49 PM
Pro Rider

I seriously dought that Honda is going to drop the CR line just like that without something out that has been race proven for a few years to back it up, no matter who said what.

Old 03-16-2001, 02:31 PM
Pro Rider

Please please stop talking...The YZ426 has been out for a while and is nothing new.Tim Ferry was who you saw and he was not in second behind McGrath and "Albertine" retired last year.Ferry finished 5th on the 426 and that is his best finish this year, if the "broad power" and "smoothness" are such an advantage, it has yet to show itself.The honda is not being tested and will be out with the 2002 lineup and is called the CR450F, Sebastian Tortelli has raced it in Japan and it will be a comparable bike to the 426.THE CR IS CLOSED COURSE,Honda said they will stop producing 2 strokes for off road, name one 2stroke Honda makes for off road.Nothing will change, if Honda switched to 4stroke only MXers they would be laughed off the track.Stop talking about things you don't know.

Old 03-16-2001, 05:12 PM
Pro Rider

GaryManilow,
Are you talking to me? If you are, "you" are the one who needs to stop talking and start reading! Read my reply again BUD! After you get your foot out of your mouth, reply to this!

First, I never said the four stroke finished 2nd, I said it was in 2nd. I was flipping through the channels, and I didn't see the end of the race. And if you look again you will se I said "I think" Albertine was in 3rd. Like I said, I wasn't paying to much attention, and I saw part of the race and they said a 4 stroke was in second. He may not have finished there, but he was running 2nd at one point in the race.

Second, my whole reply was not based on facts, it was my own opinion. I never said I know this or I know that and I have facts to back it up. I was just giving my opinion.

Third, as far as your "closed course" theory, you have got to look a little deeper than you are. I see alot of CR's out trail riding. Wheather you belive it or not, the CR is an off-road bike. What you are trying to say, is the CR is only made to be raced in colosieums and such. That maybe the case, but that does not stop the average person from going to the dealer and buying a CR to use in the woods.
With all the Government regulations, Honda is making an effort to keep two strokes out of the woods to protect the enviornment. This is the same as saying guns can be sold, but can only be used on a fire range. Well, once the gun is sold, there is no telling where it will end up, it could be used in the next "drive by".

These are just my own thoughts and I have no facts to back it up, but I think the 2 strokes don't have long to live. I am not a "tree lover" by any means, but I know Honda has to live with the governments rules.

The only way to keep guns off the street, and 2 strokes out of the woods, is to eliminate them all together. I don't think it is right, nor do I agree with it. But, I think if not 2002, soon after will be the 2 stroke end.

Old 03-16-2001, 07:24 PM
Pro Rider

Go to Dirtrider.net, and read the forums. The mx crowd loves the Yamaha, and KTM 4-strokes. And they will love the new Honda 450F. The fact is all but the top pro's( Carmicheal, McGrath etc.) are faster on 4-strokes. Broad power band, and easier to go fast on, are the reasons given. Yamaha can't build 426's and 250F's fast enough. I'm sorry to say that the days of two stroke mx bikes are almost over. Lets face it, the factorys race to generate sales, and the dirtbike public wants 4-strokes like Yamaha is building. Why showcase a machine that isn't what the customer walking in to the dealership wants? 125,250cc 2-strokes gone, 250,500cc four strokes here to stay.

Old 03-16-2001, 07:48 PM
Pro Rider

Enough with the Japanese four stroke experiments, I'm tired of their feble attempts to make a four stroke race quad compare to a 250R.

If the Japanese companies were smart they'd take the technology from the crotch rockets and put it in a quad frame.

Ex: suzuki savage 650 motor + LT500 frame...

2000 SCRAMBLER 400 2X4

SCRAMDADDY400

Old 03-17-2001, 02:12 AM
Pro Rider

screamdaddy,
You better get used to it, because the 4 strokes will be the future of racing. After a year or two, the two stroke will be gone!

What you call a bad attempt to compare a 4 stroke with the 2 stroke, is sad on your part. The 400ex seems to do very well !!!

If you think the two strokes are so great, why doesn't the Scrambler 400 beat the 400ex?

Old 03-17-2001, 04:03 AM
Pro Rider

Believe me racer18j, he thinks a Scrambler 400 DOES beat a 400ex.

Old 03-17-2001, 04:51 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With a few mods to the 2 stroke 400,it makes a huge differance in performance.Now do the same mods to your 400ex,than tell me what you think?
Bill

Quick Reply: No two strokes in 2002!