Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Help identifying my Honda ATC

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 01:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help identifying my Honda ATC

I have a Honda ATC 3 wheeler I believe is a 1983 200 the VIN number is JH3TB0512DC213466, I need to know if it is a 200S, 200m, of which one it is. PLEASE any help!

Old 11-21-2012, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Does it still have label on the steering neck? If so in the bottom corner it will say atc200s or 200m or 200es.Does it have electric start? does it have hi and lo range? Does it have racks?

Old 11-21-2012, 07:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I have an I.D book at work but willbe tuesday before i am back there...

Old 11-24-2012, 04:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

it has the pull start and electric start although the electric start is not hooked up when I typed in the VIN # it pulled up that is was a 1983 Honda 200 with a 195 CC, the VIN sequence also shows it is from JAPAN, it has the rack on back as well as the tow set up, all of the labels are gone as is the paint on it is faded, I have found that the choke is not hooked up and there is a little nipple thing coming off the bottom of what the choke valve is attached to (what I will assume is the carburetor) and there is no hose attached to it and as long as you have the gas valve turned in the off position, it is okay but when you turn it to on or reserve it leaks gas, what I really need is a diagram or something showing me how and what I need to fix that problem as well as hooking the choke back up, any help you can give would be great as I lost my job of 12 years and with that I lost my truck and my three wheeler is the only way I have to get any where. I appreciate you taking the time to acknowledge my issue.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:22 AM
Weekend Warrior

Try a CLYMER service, repair and maintenance manual for Honda shaft drive details

Old 12-04-2012, 10:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Hello.

Hello Lori! I don't know if you got that bad boy running or not yet but it sounds like you need it either way.

Firstly, if the nipple that you are seeing is indeed the one coming from the bottom of the fuel bowl on the carburetor, then it is just a drain for the float bowl and does not necessarily need a hose hooked to it. If you do have an extra piece of hose, this just gets routed down away from anything hot, to where if fuel comes out it runs straight onto the ground.

Next, you said it is leaking gas when you turn the valve to "on". We need to know where it is leaking fuel at. If it is leaking fuel from the valve itself (which incidentally is called the petcock, don't ask why), then you will need to get a new petcock.

If the fuel is leaking from the carburetor itself when the petcock is open, that means that most likely your float is stuck. Best action here is to remove the carburetor, take off the float bowl and clean it out really well. It really isn't hard, just make sure you pay attention to what you're doing and remember where everything goes when you put it back together.

Like the poster above, I would recommend a repair manual for your bike. You can download one from I forget where, but there is a guy on the threewheelerworld forums that runs an ftp site with loads of atc repair manuals. Or you can even look for a genuine Honda repair manual, but that will probably cost you a little more.

I also recommend the threewheelerworld forums for any q's regarding your trike. The people there are super helpful, as we all love trikes.

I'm no PK tech, but I've turned a wrench or two in my life and I've resurrected total heaps that never should have run again, and then hurt myself on them. So take my repair advice or don't, but do so at your own risk.

Good luck with it! I hope I helped some anyway!

Old 12-04-2012, 11:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ok so I searched and I found this website;

http://www.motoverse.com/tools/vinDecoder/

When I put in your vin it said it was a 1983 model 200e. From what I'm seeing online it looks like you've got the Big Red, with the Hi/Lo gearbox. That's a good one! I've been wanting to get one of those for the old man to use around the yard but haven't found the right one yet.

Also, I looked in my history and found that ftp site for you.

ftp://70.177.101.45/Honda/

Just copy and paste it. It didn't look like he had a manual for the 83 big red, but there was one for an 84 big red and it may not be that different. Or it may be quite different, but the fundamentals will still be the same.

Best of luck to you, let me know if I can help any further!

P.S. Don't put your foot down! That one's hurt me plenty....