Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

94 300ex widening kits?... ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 04:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 300ex widening kits?... ideas?

i am looking on ebay and i found a 300ex 0r 250x a-arm widening kit and shock conversion kit. (I AM GETTING 400EX FRONT SHOCKS) that was my plan for a while but is the kit worth 224.49? they offer a +4.5 and a +6.0 kit comes with all hardware and new bolts including shock relocator bracket,1/4'' thick carbon steel,and new tire rod extensions.
basicly what im tryn to say, is the kit worth buying and will i need to get longer brake lines and i am getting the 6'' go big or go home.
if any questions come to mind, feel free to put youre personal opinion in here yous looking for some ideas.
thanks-james
(kit name is Diamond J Customs' a-arm and shock widening kits)

Old 02-18-2013, 09:05 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Many years back, I used their shock mounting kit to put 400 ex shocks on my son's 300ex, worked great, all I did was put 400ex a arms on, but that only gets you about a 2" wider front end, but you dont need new brake lines. Withe 4 or 6 inch, you will definately need brake lines, and longer tie rods to reach the spindles. I have not heard any bad things about Diamond J products, getting the front end wider and longer shocks will make a huge difference on how it handles, I would stay with the +4.5, that way you can get a +4 rear axle and it will match up with the front, I don't know if you could find an aftermarket axle that would give you 6" more width, and having the front wider than the back will affect handling. Stay away from big wheel spacers, unless you are just going to trail ride, my son put 2" spacers on his rear axle, and it bent right by the hub from jumping impacts, ended up putting a good used Durablue adjustable axle on there,much better for widening out., With either front kit, you will need brake lines and tie rods, along with a shock mounting kit for the top mounts, unless that comes with the Diamond J kit, or else the longer shocks will sit at too much of an angle if you use the stock top mounts, as the 300ex shocks are far shorter than the 400ex fronts.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

okay thanks. like i said i am getting 400 shocks and i will take in consideration about the 4.5'' and it said it comes with all mounting bolts, brackets, upper relocating bracket (for 400 shocks) andtire rod extensions that thread onto stocks and extend them (using old rod end) is isnt that cheap of a mod but from the reviews on it they say its an a+ product so for alittle over 200 not a bad mod.

Old 02-19-2013, 06:21 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like it has everything but the longer brake lines, not a bad price for all those parts, and you should be able to find longer brake lines maybe on eBay to fit the longer arms.