Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Dealer Wont Budge 8(

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2001 | 09:02 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

Man, just got back from my local Honda Dealer and they want MSRP (5699) for the 400ex..

They wont budge a penny 8(.
Said it was their best selling item in the whole shop including their cycles (they also sell polaris, Kaw, KTM, Triumph, Husaberg, etc)..

They have been sold out for like 2 weeks and just got one red and one yellow in.

They had the yellow all setup with holeshots on ITPs with a DG front bumper.. looked sweet.. they want like 6299 for that setup...

Old 05-09-2001 | 09:40 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds like it's time to shop around at different dealers. It's not SO bad if they charge you list price only but if they try to charge all of those bogus doc, set-up and shipping fees on top of that then they're just trying to screw you.

Old 05-09-2001 | 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

My local yammy dealer wont even try to sell me a machine, Ive went there before and filled out the paperwork and never got a response (2x!) he almost never orders sport machines, went there one day with $2,500 cash in my pocket looking to buy something, anything, told him "Im looking for a sportier type machine with chain drive" he said "You'd probally have better luck down the road at the polairs dealer"!! Anyways I just figured I'd throw that in, he's an old fart that only likes to deal with 4x4's, however my local honda dealer is VERY reasonable and is MORE than willing to help you finance a machine... The day that I went to the yammy place and they wouldnt even give me the time of day I went to the honda place and bought a dirbike, the dealer even gave me directions to my house if I wanted to ride it home! Anyways, I guess each dealer is diffrent.. I know I'd bring my yammy to the honda/polaris/kawi dealer before my yammy dealer any day......

Old 05-09-2001 | 11:51 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

I see Lake Hills Motors in MS is selling them for 4799.99 and that includes dealer freight, setup, and pre-delivery fees. They also wouldnt charge me sales tax (w00t!). That also includes the 300 from Honda.

I spoke to a pilot buddy of mine, and he said he would fly me down, pick up the quad, and fly me back for 600. I figured it up and I would still save 700 AND get a kool plane ride hehe.

Ill shop around in surrounding towns, but if they cant come close (couple hundred) I may end up doing that ..

Old 05-09-2001 | 11:51 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

ouchy Double post heh

Old 05-10-2001 | 12:26 AM
Pro Rider

See if they will though in some equipment. The yamaha shop does it where i live alot.

Old 05-10-2001 | 01:03 AM
Trailblazer

Why not just drive down there and pick it up. It's a little over 400 miles and you could drive it for a lot less than $600.

Old 05-10-2001 | 01:12 AM
|
Weekend Warrior

yea, but 18 and half hours of driving round trip...

Worth the 600 to fly imho. Eat some breakfast, take off, be home for lunch and have time to start breaking in the motor 8)

Old 05-10-2001 | 02:04 AM
Weekend Warrior

I bought my 400ex from Chicago Cycle out the door for 5041 including set up fees, no taxes because i am from michigan, but you still have to pay them when you transfer the title over to your own state, but the price was still better than what i could have gotten back home, you may want to try them, they may still have some in stock

Old 05-10-2001 | 10:01 AM
Trailblazer

Exactly SZ, I've been looking for a Rancher and the honda dealers around here are tight as a tick. MSRP + right now. I went to one back in Feb and they were ready to "give" one away, no way now though. Screw them, I'm now going to wait for the 2002 to hit and go to Lake Hill.
I don't think a lot of dealers (car, motorcycle,tractor, etc..) realize that they're selling in a truely global economy, and the web allows us to shop around the country.
gary

Quick Reply: Dealer Wont Budge 8(