Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

I eat my words...Douglas Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2001, 09:13 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I posted a note awhile back about my Douglas Wheels loosening up after riding and having one of them getting egg-shaped holes.
I have been in contact with Richard Mendenhall at Douglas Wheel. After addressing his concerns that the wheel was not properly mounted and snug to the hub, he has sent me a new wheel . FREE of charge, and I am going to send the ruined wheel back to them .( They pay the shipping)
They stand by their product , and are concerned with the safety of us riders. They will inspect the wheel to be sure that there is no defects.
I am impressed with their response, and apologize for any bad "press" I have put on this forum.
I was wrong about them , and leapt to conclusions.
Guess I should have waited for them to rectify the situation before spouting off.

Old 05-22-2001, 11:22 PM
Range Rover

i remember that post
i think thats sweet that they sent you a new wheel. thats a good company.

Old 05-23-2001, 07:25 AM
Weekend Warrior

Douglas Wheel has a great repuataion and Richard Mendenhall is icing on the cake. I will always support Douglas Wheel, for they support and care about the customer!!
Rick Cecco

Old 05-23-2001, 03:34 PM
Pro Rider

I forget, was the problem because you didn't turn your lug nuts around (flat side in) and use washers??

Old 05-23-2001, 04:09 PM
Pro Rider

Hmmm...A good idea comes to mind...

Forum Administrator:
Maybe it would be a good idea to create a sub-forum to specifically address issues like this.

Meaning:
Douglas Wheel, Rocky Mountain ATV, Carbide's MotoWorld, and many other manufacturers/retailors really know how to take care of their customers.

While others, like Chaparral and Team Factory Racing, care more about making money and the bottom line than making sure their customers are happy.

With this forum, we can alert each other of who treats their customers with respect, and who treats their customers like dirt.

(you inferred correctly, I will not be doing any future business with Chaparral or Team Factory Racing, and strongly suggest no-one else does.)

Old 05-23-2001, 06:09 PM
Trailblazer

The original problem has not been determined, yet. I expect Douglas to inform me when they inspect the wheel I return.
FYI... the wheels were torqued,ridden,and retorqued. No gap was between the hub and wheel. EXCEPT after the lugs loosened on the 3rd ride. Only the rear wheels were loose, not the front.
Again I compliment Douglas on its customer service and commitment to safety of riders.
Richard felt I had threatened Douglas by saying that I would not be kind to Douglas in the forums. My reply was that I was sorry he took it that way, BUT we share information about accessories and the like, in the forums. If we find a good product we tell others, AND if we find a bad product we also tell others.
This is our strong point guys and gals... we can affect how manafacturers treat us. They want our money.
For example... I found some helmets on sale on the www. I called Dennis Kirk to see if they matched prices. They do, on some stuff. Thet'd rather have some of our money than none!!!

Old 05-23-2001, 07:11 PM
Pro Rider

Why the HELL can't the manufacture's do things this way??(i.e Yamaha, Honda, and all the others)

Life would be so much nicer