Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Dirtwheels shootout is out! 400EX: Cannondale: Raptor: Banshee: DS650!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2001, 01:17 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And let's remember, that no matter what you ride, or what you put in your motor or hang on your frame, when it comes to racing, it is still 75% Rider and 25% Machine So if you spend a bundle and actually improve your quad by 10%, that is only 2 and a half percent of the total equation.
We love to blame defeat on the machine, we praise the winner on the same brand we ride, like the rider had little to do with it. Talentless riders will often have the hottest ride ( I've got to stop talking about myself like this) and sometimes a real talent will be flying a piece of junk, actually hindered by his equipment.
He's the one that could actually use the trick stuff, hopefully it will come his way. The name on the motor just doesn't mean that much.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 06-10-2001, 02:01 AM
Weekend Warrior

Well said! Brand bashing is typical in these forums,especially against new technology. But guess what, before I got my 400ex, the Banshee and Polaris guys bashed it! I loved my 400ex, but alas, had to dispose of it in favor of the Raptor. I dont want to hear it.......I ride dunes more than trails, and everyone knows that power is king. I didnt want a two stroke, so it was either a DS650 or Raptor. Since I do ride trails once in while, and they are tight trails, my choice was clear. My only knock on the 400ex was not enough power without spending lots of money in one lump sum. I already had a Powercore4,hi-flo header, K&N air filter, and rejetted, and it wasnt enough for me. There, confession over, happy? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-10-2001, 01:41 PM
Pro Rider

oooooooooo! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] That's good news, about the stock 400! I am going to be racing mine stock (except for nerfs) for my first couple of races. I figure on a track, a couple of horsepower probably won't make that much of a difference if I ride smart and know the track. But then again, I could just be making myself feel better! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Took my 400 out last night for a desert night ride - have I mentioned how much I love my bike???

Corry [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]