Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

edelbrock quicksilver carb review by me

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2001, 11:58 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got a edelbrock carb about 3 weeks ago and the thing is an animal!!! the instructions are great and instalation is childs play the power gains are wicked in the midrange and the topend is killer it wont stop pulling now allthose are good but what is really cool is the amount of torque that is added it adds 4lbs of torque(which is dyno proven.) you can lug it around in a gear high and still have the power to get up a hill. coming out of corners is where the carb really shines it has undenied throttle responce and when you get back on the gas its like you never let off, the power is right there. my motor is stock but i do have a fmf hi-flo header and megamax2 silencer i run a k&n(pre-filtered) with the lid off for flow and a high rev black box(by g.w.c.)over all the carb is well worth the 400.00 you will have to cough up for it for it. it will pay its self off when you go flying by banshee's riding wheelies in fourth
for advice i would recomend up-grading to a high performance oil when add anything that will up the power and change it often everyone knows the 400ex runs hot so please dont be cheap run the 93 octane(at least) this will help your motor run cooler and make sure your jetted up correctly for your riding alttitude there are lots of people who buy there quads who dont jet right and end up burning there motor so take that into thought
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-07-2001, 03:29 PM
Trailblazer

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Hey phaskell, Glad to hear your review on your Edelbrock carb. I have had one for about six months now and agree with everything you said!

Old 06-09-2001, 12:21 AM
Trailblazer

DO either of you all have any porting done?-
Eddie

Old 06-09-2001, 12:22 AM
Trailblazer

DO either of you all have any porting done?-
Eddie

Old 06-10-2001, 11:24 PM
Range Rover

no i dont have any porting my quad is all stock except for the carb fmf hi flo header and megamag2 silencer and a k&n filter next im going to go to a xr cam and 11:1 piston

Old 06-11-2001, 04:02 AM
Trailblazer

i would love to have one,, but do you realize that you can buy a whole 330 bore kit with piston,cam, blackbox,rocker arms,valves and springs, cylinder sleeve, and more for only 285.00 dollars.. you'll get a LOT more out of it thatn just the carb, and pay a lot cheaper price. as much a i like them, i think i'll just keep my 330 and the extra 115.00 dollars in my pocket.

kojo

Old 06-11-2001, 10:41 AM
Pro Rider

Hey titan
Where have you seen all of that for sale, just for $285?
I've seen the kit with the sleeve, piston, and rings for that price. I have never seen or heard of a place that you get the springs, black box, etc for that price?
Mike

Old 06-11-2001, 03:45 PM
Trailblazer

Four Stroke Tech.. i dont know if the still have it at that price, but wheni was looking, that's all it was,and now i've got plenty of power for a lot less.

kojo

Old 06-11-2001, 05:34 PM
Range Rover

first of all we be talking about the 400ex not the 300 and youtale about all that stuff for 200 and something well i dont know what u think u saw but if they sell it for that there dumd that's bad business

Old 06-11-2001, 06:41 PM
Trailblazer

hey dude,, what does it matter if the ppl selling it are stupid or not,, whether its bad business on their part or not,, it's still good for me,, and anyway, it's four stroke tech, one of the best engine mod businesses in the atv world, so dotn be saying it's bad business, aparently they know what they're talkin about

kojo

Quick Reply: edelbrock quicksilver carb review by me