Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

MY LT GOT STOLEN!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2001, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all very good ideas. i'm going to try em all.

Old 06-16-2001, 12:58 AM
Trailblazer

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope that you find it. My dad has had a fourwheeler stolen off of him and he finally got it back. I hope that you will also get yours back.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 06-16-2001, 02:30 AM
Pro Rider

Put an ad in the classifieds in a newspaper near by saying... WANTED: Lt250r running or not(or something like that)

I dunno, just an idea(stupid?). May be you can get an idea of who has it somehow like that.

Old 06-16-2001, 04:44 AM
Pro Rider

Excellent idea OffRder15.

I would, however, make the want ad even more general (if its a smaller town). If the town's too small - the thiefs will catch on quickly. In large cities, it won't look too stand-outish however.

A more general ad could be "wanted: fourwheeler for son, prefer two strokes, will pay cash" or something that just hints at the quadracer.

One more thing, if you choose this route, you may not want to tell people to look out for it - if it's a small town the thiefs will be tipped to that want ad.

The key is to act QUICKLY, put the want ad out for a few days; if no results, quickly let everyone know its stolen - word of mouth, quad dealerships, posters, etc.

Good luck,
ogre

Old 06-16-2001, 10:20 AM
Pro Rider

Good luck getting your quad back. Someone I know just had their dirt bike taken right out of their garage. The guy next door to him was having remodeling done on his house and there were all kinds of workers around the house next door to him. When they took the bike though they screwed up and left a hammer behind in his garage. Hopefully they'll be caught but it sounds like you don't have any clues.
If you get a replacement you might not want to leave it out in the front yard for passerbys to see. I know we all want to show off our quads but anyone that sees it might be the thief that will come back and steal it. The people that stole your quad will probably figure you'll get a replacement so don't let them get another one from you. Hope they catch the scumbags.

Old 06-16-2001, 01:04 PM
Trailblazer

Hey man, I'm sorry to hear that! I think everybody who mentioned putting a wanted ad in the paper is a great idea. I would definetly say something something along the lines of "Wanted, any high performance ATV's, preferably 2 stroke (like somebody mentioned) or any parts. Top Dollar paid." Then maybe spend a couple days at a friends house in a neighboring town and use his phone number.
Things that might help you out:
Do you know that quadracer like the back of your hand? Little things, like things you wouldnt normally see, considered to be a mod or just a problem could help ya out. My 88' 500 has a welded grab bar and some parts of the frame were also welded by me and partially ground down, if my quad were stolen, these little things could make a difference in identifying your quad, since the theives might try and alter it so your or friends wont recognize it off the bat. Anything unique, like that JL swing arm, I've never seen one of those, and how many older gen lt's have those? not many at all! I would tell all dealerships about your quad, the special little things it had that set it apart from the rest, and if they
talk to somebody who comes in looking for a part for their 85' 250, maybe have the dealership worker sweet talk with the guy..."ohhh yeah I use to have one of those, ported piped polished, a great quad...etc...whats yours have? or if it has a problem, see if they can talk the guy into letting them look at it or etc. Also hope you know the ID number on the frame or engine. If worse comes to worse, and you really want another racer, I have a buddy with a 86' racer, frame and misc parts. I could probably get it cheap if you want to build a racer, I dont know if your into this type of thing, but you might have a racer after a while! I also have another friend with a 87' 250, thats mostly original but needs some tlc for around $1400 or so. Ohh yeah, and also, I know a kid selling a '92 250 with a blown top end for about $800, mostly origianl, his dad bought it back in 92'. I can try and hook you up with any of these if your interested. Good luck man

Old 06-16-2001, 03:56 PM
Pro Rider

broke, i know every nook and cranny of that quad. i spent 2 months taking it all apart and cleaning every part of it. there are 3 weld spots, 2 under the seat, one above the left front shock. there is JB weld on the right side of the engine case where we fixed the hole that my counterbalancer made when it broke off. there are three gold rims and one silver one. the thing you pull to release the seat is cut off to just a cord you pull. the rear shock is leaking oil. i do have the serial numbers but unfortunately its on the owners manual and we can't find it anywhere! i live in a very small town and i've told lots and lots of people. so the ad idea might not work but it was a very good idea.

Old 06-17-2001, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider

I was just checking Ebay and there are ton of Quadracer LT250R parts from an 87, but this person is from New York, not Illinois. They were selling just about every single part from one, and it was all from the same person. But I'll keep looking and watching for your quad on ebay for you....

Old 06-17-2001, 03:03 PM
Pro Rider

thanx [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-19-2001, 10:13 AM
Trailblazer

have you found your machine yet?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: MY LT GOT STOLEN!