Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Best Shocks- Axis, Works, Ohlin?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2001, 05:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well...everyone seems to be jumping on the elka band wagon...
My banshee has works triples up front and an ultracross in the rear(both with remote rezzy's). The difference is amazing.
Most people will complain about the shocks bottoming..or not performing up to standards...when most of the time the suspension is not set up for rider in question.
I kind of consider it hit and miss...I love it when you call to order shocks and they ask the normal questions....what type of riding do you do? what kind of bike?....How much do you weigh? With these answers they can get the valving close....But the first thing a person should consider is weight with full gear...sag has to be the biggest factor. anyway........enough on that. There is so much more to it..
Get a good shock that you can afford...make sure it is rebuildable, make sure it is set up for your style....you will notice a huge improvement. Any of the shocks mentioned are good...and for a pro..they might be able to tell the difference between them. I myself have not had the money to purchase different brands for a compare.