Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

All Terrain Vehicle Association Membership ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2001, 10:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The ATVA is an off shoot from the AMA for Quads only. When it is time to renew your AMA card, ask to have it changed to the ATVA. If you re-up as just and AMA member the money will go to the bikes and not be used for quads. The ATVA is going after the non racer and also the racer. It was just started in March of this year, Doug Morris is the new director(he does not own a bike). They will be sending out a newsletter bi-monthly, and you will stop getting the AMA mag that you throw in the trash each month.
Try it it is for ATV's rider riders and by ATV riders.

Old 07-05-2001, 01:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never felt my AMA membership did me much good as an ATV rider! Sure they sanction races and stuff, but I'm not a racer. The organization is primarily street bike oriented. I know I'll offend someone, but how bright can street bikers be?? They don't even want to WEAR HELMETS!! We will always be shoved aside by the mainstream AMA (even though ATV's outsell everything else combined!).

So, this is a great development. We get an organization of our own. I would encourage everyone to join and give it a chance.

Old 07-05-2001, 06:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

Having Doug Morris at the helm of the ATVA, is very exciting. He is one of us, he has owned, ridden and raced quads for years. He is still a member of the Kansas ATV Assoc.
He was a regional director for the ATV Safety Institute in Denver and he is a SUPER guy.
He is the kind of guy that can make things happen.
I think that the AMA has realized that ATV'S are the wave of the future.
Now I will not feel too bad when I get my AMA 12 year pin.

THUMPERS RULE[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-06-2001, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider

I recieved my notice of the ATVA about three weeks ago and have been too busy to mess w/ it. I brought it in w/ me to work today to mail it out. If I was you guys I would try to contact them ASAP so you can be a "charter" member also. They say that they will randomly send out new products to "charter" members only for testing, and if you get chosen you get to keep whatever it is they send you to test. I would assume that the utility quad owners stand a better chance of getting stuff since it seems like there are more products out there for them, but it is a win, win situation no matter what you own.

I will see if they list a website (I know they said they would send me info on one when I got my members pack, but I don't recall seeing one w/ the initial info. If I find it, I will post it.

Old 07-06-2001, 06:30 PM
Pro Rider

This is the only thing I could find on the AMA website about the ATVA. It gives a little info, but nothing specific. If anyone has, or as soon as you get, the toll free number, or address, post it here. They're website isn't up yet. I know I'm anxious to join, and I'm sure many others are too.

ATVA Task Force

Bill Amick, Vice President of Events and Entertainment, and Carl Reynolds provided an update on the All Terrain Vehicle Association. The start of the program is behind schedule, but progress is being made. Three meetings with the Membership Corporation of America have been held to manage direct mailings. A post office box number, toll-free telephone number and web address, atva.com, have all been established, and a director, approved in the 2001 budget, has been hired and will begin work on March 19, 2001.

Additional funding for the direct mailing was then discussed. Mr. Hoover questioned the mailing strategy and suggested that it be done by zip code and limiting the number of recipients to 200,000. He also suggested the possibility of raising subsidizing revenue by asking OEMs for contributions to cover the expenses of the mailing, suggesting that this could be one of the first projects undertaken by the new director. It was moved by Mr. Reynolds and seconded by Mr. Smilie to:

Amend the budget for an additional $84,000 for the ATVA project.

The motion passed, with Mr. Hoover voting in the negative.