Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

MX jumping tips.... need help with landing.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2001, 10:20 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like to land with the front end just a little bit higher than the rear. Its smooth and you can get back on the throttle as quick as possible. As people said... practice practice practice... it builds endurance and confidence.. What I did when I cleared my first double was to follow someone I knew and trusted really well, and stayed about 5 feet behind them going over the jump and hit it at exactly the same speed they did, and I landed perfect. For the whoops: dont double them, it takes too much time, I found that out today, I could double them and beat the guys on blasters and stock 400EXs, but the modded 250Rs and modded EX's smoked me through them, just lean back and keep a steady throttle, you'll skim right over them. For the berms: depends on whats after them, if there's a big jump, take the berm to pick up more speed, if theres a little tabletop or something take the inside and pin it.. try not to spin out. For holding the brake on: hold it on until you get the front end exactly where you want it, if you go to far, hold the throttle back on to get the rear back down.. Also: keep your arms and legs bent and balance out your weight iff you dont it'll kill you in the long run... I used to go over jumps and put all my weight over the handlebars... thats why I've had two broken wrists in 2 monthes [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] and practice under every type of condition you can... especially in the heat... it'll make a man out of you hehe, dont get too hot though.. hope this helps...

Old 07-23-2001, 12:55 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys are forgetting the most important part of jumping. The advise I recieved has takin me through all my learning. That advise of how to land was RUBBER SIDE DOWN! just kidding, I like all the replies cause it helped me out too.