Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

DEALERSHIP

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2001, 02:15 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WHAT IF ANYTHING WOULD YOU CHANGE AT THE DEALERSHIP,OR THINGS YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE.

Old 07-27-2001, 10:47 AM
Pro Rider

madman

I would change a couple of things.

1: Parts people that actually listened to the customer and knew what they were talking about. Case in point, there is a kid at the local dealear (rather large dealership) that is about a moron. You have to tell him about three times what machine he is looking up the part for. When I go in there now, I purposely stall when he is available until I can get one of the other parts guys. I should complain to the parts manager about him, but its easier to just avoid him.

2. Service people that are actually willing to spend 5 minutes explaining the work to the customer. Realizing that mechanics work on book time and time spent talking to customers doesn't pay, it would be nice to talk to the guy that actually worked on the atv as opposed to some clown at the service desk that only knows what is written on the service invoice by the mechanic.

3. Basic parts in stock. Realizing that the dealerships cannot afford to have a large supply of parts on hand, they should have more of the basic parts. Case in point. I work with two dealers for Polaris and Honda parts. I needed a valve cover gasket for my 98 Polaris. The dealership had to order it. Gasket cost me $6 and two trips to the dealership. The second example was my Honda. I noticed after the last ride that a screw was missing out of the carb (just a cover screw). I didn't feel like trying to match it up from the local hardware store (I was being lazy), so I stopped at the dealer. They didn't have it in stock and had to order it. Makes me wonder why they wouldn't have the basic screws and gaskets for one of the most popular atvs on the market, the 400ex. And to boot, this is a large dealership that probably sells 100 400ex per year alone. You would think they could carry some basic parts for it!

Overall I am pretty satisfied with the dealership. The salesman will go out of there way to help you and the dealership has later hours for those that work during the day.

Old 07-27-2001, 04:37 PM
Pro Rider

For starters I would burn my local dealer to the ground. Bury everyone that works in service to their necks, cover them in honey, and release about a million fire ants on them. Then take the dealers out and chain them to a local railroad track. Then take the owners and.....

I hate my dealer. Most people in my are will know what i'm talking about.

These clowns don't even carry the clamps for CV boots. Reusable my ares. I got some generic clamps at the auto store. prolly saved twenty bucks too.

Old 07-27-2001, 07:19 PM
Pro Rider

The dealership around here is actually realy awsome. They might be a little more higher priced than others but have very god sales peaple and also aften give me things like spark plugs and all kinds of nuts and bolts. They seem to be very noligable and cool peaple. I personaly would onlt change the prices as my dealership.