Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2001, 10:44 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats pathetic and very funny.

Old 08-06-2001, 10:55 AM
Pro Rider

Best balanced car, right... How about the BMW M3, humm. You think the Miata is better balanced than the RX-7, 911, 360 Modena, and Corvette. Every single thing about each one of those cars is so far superior to the Miata it rediculous, and there are a million other cars that are better too. If you want to race I'll throw my 88' Mustang at you, its horribly balanced and has lots of power. Should be just the type of car you Miata's will waste but I'm willing to bet my small 250rwhp will make up deficiencies you find in handling, better hope there arent any straights. Then will head over to the 1320 and see how your 16 sec 1/4 will do. If your near the Pomona Fairplex or the Firebird raceway give me a call and I'll hapily come and test your theories. Go grab your glass pipes and go back to work.

To think all that the people of this forum want is horsepower is just plain ignorant! If you dont like the forum dont read/post here, its as simple as that.

Old 08-06-2001, 11:48 AM
Pro Rider

madweazle,

where is somerton at?? I live in Safford which is about a half hour from the NM border and about an hour and a half from the Mexico border.

Old 08-06-2001, 01:40 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry but I hate Miatas, too small, I'd rather have a Manual Pontiac Grand AM.

Old 08-06-2001, 06:44 PM
Pro Rider

Well, I'm all they way over on the other side. I'm on the California and Mexico border right at the Colorado River. I could almost throw a rock to both of them, they're about 10 miles away from (Cali and Mexico). If you know where Yuma is I'm right outside about 2 miles south.

Old 08-06-2001, 09:36 PM
Pro Rider

any car has its advantages and disadvantages

Nothing is perfect or great at everything...

I've seen some lowered custom built mustangs that will hang on a tight turn! This one guy around here has an orange one with these big offsets on it, man he flies around turns, i was playing with him one night with my prelude, and i was trying to keep up with him, and he was just leaving me behind. He would get in a turn, floor it and shoot out the other side.

its funny cuz it looks like a skate board, but man does it handle.

Old 08-06-2001, 09:40 PM
Pro Rider

How could he do that to a Mustang, he should be shot. Its so simple to get one to hook up its unbelievable. Tubular K member, coil overs, sub frame connectors, and a panhard bar and it will hang with the best of 'em. I'm not talking Miata's, I'm talking M3's and 911's. For 2 grand it will pull a g on the skid pad.

Tell me they arent Daytons, I'll go hang myself right now [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-06-2001, 11:59 PM
Trailblazer

madweazl you think a 911 is a well balanced car?It is legendary for it's speed and it's end swapping characteristics when driven hard by anyone short of Aryton Senna and he is dead.

Old 08-07-2001, 12:27 AM
Trailblazer

I totally agree MrC01400EX. I think that you should be happy with what you've got and not worry about other people's quads.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 08-07-2001, 03:47 AM
Trailblazer

A few final comments. Im sorry to people who I might have "quad bashed".
I(exept for when I FIRST found this forum, I posted a yamaha bashing post because I had just bought my Honda) only commented negativly when it came TOO that.
I dont think I ever brought anything on. I never started a quad bashing thread.
(Exept that first one, my first post) Though, I have defended my (now sold)
01' 400EX.

About the miata. The miata is ONE OF THE BEST handling cars ever. Yes, including all the exotics. Hardly any cars out there have perfect 50-50 weight distribution. S2000 is one of the FEW. My miata is a DREAM to drive. revving the car to 7200 RPM, then speed-shifting the 2 inch throw on whats been called the best shifting transmission ever, is awsome.
Few cars corner as well. When the miata is at its cornering limit, the car is balanced so well that the rear will start to step out slightly, and you can powerslide the car around the rest of the corner.
There are faster cars, (untill the FMIII goes in, then there arnt many) but there arnt many that are more fun to drive.
Regarding the VTEC comment. I like the VTEC motors. We have two. But fact is, they arnt built as strong as the DOHC 1.8 in the miata. Throw 15PSI at a Honda motor, and the cylinder walls cannot stand the pressure, because of the lack of support around them. Hondas are cooled very well because coolant flows all around the cylinders, but thats a weak link under pressure. 15PSI will also cause kicked rods. 15PSI is run daily on miata motors. They are MADE for turbo. They have oil squirters under each piston to keep them cool.

See ya people. Peace.
ps. Mudslinger, I sold my 400EX to pay some bills. Bought a MINT 85' 350X.
I LOVE THIS THING!! Im happy with what Ive got.

-Matt

Quick Reply: Have a nice life