Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Read if you dare

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2001, 09:04 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to know when C-Dale is going to make a 3Wheeler? The Government ban on selling new trikes has been over for 4 years. I won't spend 6-8K on a quad, but I would mortgage the house for a new ATC. As far as why the US hasn't or can't build a Quad or Dirt Bike, who do you think engineers these new Hondas? If we let our children work in the factory and paid our workers 1 dollar an hour the US could get all kinds of stuff made. I hope C-Dale does well and I hope they come out with a more diverse line of bikes and quads in a few years.

Woodo

Old 08-13-2001, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider

<< Great post , I love American made products but I wouldn't think of getting a cannondale until I A) see it outlast 20year old Hondas that have been beat to F*** and still run fine ! and B) That think is the UGLIEST think I have ever seen in my life ! C) I can buy a 250R for $3500 and with a few mods I can beat the $h!t out of that cannondale on the track , for under $8000 or whatever that crazy thing sells for . >>

You Daaaaaaaaaammmmnnn right!!! Me personally I dont like the cannondale. I think there just some poser of Honda or something. &lt;---(failed in the process). That is one of the ugliest machines I have ever seen! I would like to see a so called &quot;Cannondale&quot; outrun a Honda 400EX on a hillclimb. HONDA POWER BABY!!! Honda's are like Energizer batteries, they just keep going and going and going! Thats my 2c's worth![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-13-2001, 09:41 PM
Pro Rider

I personaly love what canondale is doing. I just wish I had enough money to buy one of their quads and help support a good American made company. It makes me mad about all the American trade agreements. Now the japs can send in atvs, cars and everything else for cheaper than American made products can be sold. Our country is driving our own economy deeper and deeper with these trade agreements. I mean Honda coud make the exact same four wheeler and sell it for alot less. I just hope Bush is smart enough to do something about this. And I am not to hopeful of that. I just really wish I had the money to buy one. That way you get an awsome quad and help our country. I am so happy that c-dale went this dirrection. While other companies where in a dicplacement war they decided to go low cc's and just put a ton of new inovations into their atv's. I think that they will end up changing the sport forever by getting other companies to make a low cc, low wheight quad with alot of new inovations that will help bring the whole sport of atv riding into the 21 century.

Old 08-13-2001, 09:56 PM
RIP Dear Friend

I will still buy a Honda, Yamaha, or Kawasaki. I have had good luck Honda's and Kawasaki's. Thought I would try a Yamaha this time. Its to early to tell how good the Yamaha ( only 39.75 hrs so far ) is going to be, but so far the build quality is just as good as my Hondas and Kawasakis. Chet

Old 08-14-2001, 02:08 PM
Pro Rider

Okay... the C-dale is obviously not for everyone, but for a company to come out w/ their first quad ever and for it to compete in all areas, and kick the snot out of everyone in some areas, you can't complain about it.
The looks of the quads are a matter of opinion and I know people that love them. Most people however don't like them. C-dale had to do somthing drastic w/ this quad to make a statement and whether you are talking good or bad about them, you are talking about them. I am sure the looks of this quad will change somewhat in the next couple years in order to please a few more people, but C-dale has always been one that puts performance 1st, customer service 2nd, and everything else, a close 3rd.
ANY ONE, AND I MEAN ANYONE who doesn't give a C-dale a good hard looking before buying elsewhere (if you can afford one, and are looking for a sport machine) has no business riding!!! or being an American!!!
These bikes are top of the line, and of course they will have problems. Every bike does and for their 1st quad ever I think they did a kick a$$ job!!!
There is 2 things that puts C-dale above and beyond EVERY other manyfacturer.... they take pride in their work and are not in it only for the money, and they are AMERICANS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!

I bet that a large majority of C-dale exec's ride these machinces or at least one of their bikes, where as I bet very very few exec's at Honda, Yammie, or Kaw ride their machines, or any machine for that matter.

Old 08-14-2001, 02:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Jeffman,
I dont think you want to see a 400ex race a Cannondale up any hills. I have, and the C-Dale waxed the Honda. I mean it was not even close, an embarrasment really, I felt sorry for the Honda guy... Now my Banshee, that a different story!!!! A 440 ex would be hammered as well...

RoostKing...

Old 08-14-2001, 05:11 PM
Trailblazer

I love my 400EX and right now you can't beat hondas quality (except for the dam thing not likeing to start in cold weather)but that doesent mean I would not buy the C-dale I think thay are great bikes and thay did a great job putting them togther. I say give them one more year to work out all the bugs. I assume there is some sort of learning curve when a company starts to make something thay never made before, so there manufacturing tecniques may not be perfect yet and I am sure thay will be soon (if not allready).

As for the price when the rest of the big 4 come out with the same teck. as the C-dale don't you think that the prices will go up.

Buy what you like just make sure you look at all the options. Every company has its good points and its bad points.

Old 08-15-2001, 04:35 PM
Trailblazer

I'm with The QuadFather. Cdale comes out with a 4 wheeler and it has crappy parts. And to top it off u pay around 7 gs for it. I have a blaster, rancher 4x4 es, and banshee and they will turn more heads then any Cdale will ever do.

Old 08-15-2001, 06:10 PM
Range Rover

Rancherman, you have a right to your opnion. No one says you have to buy a Cdale, but get the facts straight... ALL Bikes/Quads have SOME crummy parts(400ex's a arms, Raptor shift forks, Blaster brakes, Banshee airboxes, DS mufflers,tie rods, Polaris belts, 250r bearing carriers, Mojave water pumps) Do I have to gho on? Did I get everybody? The real difference is whether the company will stand behind it or not. Jeesh, Cdale is fixing stuff before it leaves the dealer.... Did Yamaha fix the banshee airboxes before they left the dealer once they were discovered? NO! The design wasnt changed until 02... Not bad, only 10 years to fix a known problem. I bet the after market companies were thrilled....

Old 08-15-2001, 07:39 PM
Pro Rider

<<
There is 2 things that puts C-dale above and beyond EVERY other manyfacturer.... they take pride in their work and are not in it only for the money, and they are AMERICANS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!
>>

Yeah, I don't think so. Why are American cars such pieces of ****?? It's because American workers DO NOT take pride in their work. Instead of spending money on quality materials, they (American manufacturers) spend it on labor. With the unions keeping the salaries so high, they have to cut the differences somewhere, and that's on the product. Is Cannondale different?? Yet to see, but I can't remember Honda coming out with a bike/quad etc. and then coming out with a bunch of fixes so soon. When Cannondale has 20 years under their belt (not counting pedal bikes, thank you) then I'll check the market. True, it's a unique quad, but who cares if it's a POS??

Quick Reply: Read if you dare