Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Read if you dare

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2001, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah "Roostking", but, I also meant STOCK! Is your banshee stock? I bet if you get a stock 400ex and a stock banshee on a hill climb, the 400ex would prolly win! Thats Honda power for ya! Now I like the Banshee, if I had any Yamaha it would definatly be a Banshee! By the way, are you satisified with yours? I dunno if I will ever get one tho. I might stick with Hondas. But if not, a Banshee is my next choice [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-16-2001, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider

sorry dude, but a 400 will not out climb a banshee. Banshee shines in this area because of its power.

Old 08-16-2001, 12:33 AM
Range Rover

I'm a Honda man, I've owned a Honda TRX300, Foreman 400, 250X, 300EX, and 250R. I bought a FX400 3 weeks ago, and I love it. I'll never buy another quad without EFI. Oh, and by the way, Mr. Scott Montgomery of Cannondale actually took the time to write a post in the C'dale forum. As far as I'm concerned I've never felt like Honda gave a rip about what I thought about their quads. Cannondale does, so they get my business.

Old 08-16-2001, 09:02 AM
Elite Pro Rider

The difference that means the most to me is that C-dale is fixing/upgrading faulty parts on the fly (now! not in the next model year) and taking care of previous customers. It would be nice if Yammy would do the same with Raptor owners.

Old 08-16-2001, 04:09 PM
Trailblazer

Newzboy I will agree that the banshees air box does suck. Did they really change it for 02?

Old 08-16-2001, 07:44 PM
Range Rover

<< [i]

<<
Yeah, I don't think so. Why are American cars such pieces of ****?? It's because American workers DO NOT take pride in their work. Instead of spending money on quality materials, they (American manufacturers) spend it on labor. With the unions keeping the salaries so high, they have to cut the differences somewhere, and that's on the product. Is Cannondale different?? Yet to see, but I can't remember Honda coming out with a bike/quad etc. and then coming out with a bunch of fixes so soon. When Cannondale has 20 years under their belt (not counting pedal bikes, thank you) then I'll check the market. True, it's a unique quad, but who cares if it's a POS??
>>

American cars are pieces of ****? When was the last time you saw a toyota or honda pulling a 10,000 lb. toy hauler full of quads????? Yeah, that's what I thought. The Japanese don't know how to make a real truck. My toy hauler would squash any japanese made truck out there, yet my American made truck will pull it up the Sierra Nevada Mountains @ 65mph. [b]]

<< Text >>

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 08-16-2001, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider

The new Tundra is dominating. The CHEVY, DODGE, and FORD people should be worried.

Just wait untill the Tundra is out a little longer.... Duelly maybe? Bigger V8? For sure.

Not that the I-Force in there now dosnt kill comparable american trucks.
Give it time. That &quot;small&quot; 4.7 V8 in there can pull somewhere around 7000 lbs,
and it came out of a luxury lexus. Wait untill toyota makes a true TRUCk V-8 for it.
DOMINATING.

What he meant about american vehicles sucking is quality. American vehicles are junk, quality wise. I drive my 91' Toyota 4X4 V6 7 hours each way with my quad in the back in the 120 degree heat of the california mojave desert. My toyota climbs a hill outside of INDIO california, thats so steep and long that there is radiator water every 1/4 mile. A car typically sitting there too. An American one. It is 117 degrees in the daytime there right now.
Did I mention my trucks cooling system is untouched with 196 thousand miles. That needle never even BUDGES. (though the bigger tires probably throw it off quite a bit, probably about 205K)

Anyone with any automotive knowledge knows that american cars are not up to par with anything else on the road. (aside from the Korean cars, Kia, Daewoo, and Hyundai)
Im not talking PULLING power, im talking about quality, durability, and dependability.

Old 08-17-2001, 01:24 AM
Pro Rider

I heard that there was some protectionist rule that doesn't allow the Japanese to make a full sized pickup. If they did, I'll bet it would be a good product. Their reliability (at least Toyota's and Honda's) has been very good for quite a while. Hopefully with Mercedes behind Chrysler now, their quality control will improve and compete with the Japanese for reliability.

Old 08-17-2001, 04:15 AM
Pro Rider

The Toyota Tundra is a full sized pickup.
But its only going to get bigger.

Nissan is coming out with a full sized Infinity V8 powered pickup too.

Old 08-17-2001, 12:37 PM
Trailblazer

Tell me why you never see people who have serious companies that depend on trucks ever buy anything but Dodge, Chevy or Ford. Its not patriotism that these people buy these trucks its good business, cause thay know that these are the best trucks that will last the longest, pull the most and have the least maintenance.
And where have you people been in the last 10 years. American cars have gotten so much better. A Grand Am will last just as long if not longer than (because it won't rust out as quickly) a Civic.
American companies make many more models than Japanese companies so of course thay are going to have more problems with some of there cars .

Quick Reply: Read if you dare