Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

CRASHING

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2001, 01:36 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

write your crashing stories here. i've rolled my quad 3 times..2 times doing fast trail and 1 time droping in to cross a creak.

Old 08-17-2001, 04:46 PM
Pro Rider

I've rolled my X many times and heres a few , #1 was a whellie in reverse by going as fast as possible in rev. and then stomping on the brakes. #2+#3 doing 180's by hitting the rear brakes #4 Smashed into a clay wall wide open.#5 went sideways uphill (not a good idea). #6-alot I don't have time to list all of these !!

Old 08-18-2001, 11:04 AM
Range Rover

Here's a good story for you guys. I was at the Badlands in Attica on Wednesday and me and my friend decided to switch quads so I could feel how aftermarket suspension felt on his quad. He wasn't on mine for more than 10 seconds until he went flying off a jump completly sideways. When he landed he got thrown clear of my quad, which proceeded to tumble and flip a good 20 feet from the landing. When I got close enough to my quad to see the damage, I was surprised to see everything relativly intact. The headlight was mangled along with the bracket and headlight cover, the handlebars were bent, the bumper was bent, plastics were bent, and my steering stem was slightly twisted. I guess this sounds like alot of damage, but for what the crash looked like, it was actually very little. At least now I have something to hang over his head for a few years![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] This is also the same kid who's flipped his own quad more times than I can count, broke his arm at the track, and has more bruises and scars than I even want to think about.

Old 08-18-2001, 11:45 AM
Pro Rider

Well I got one for you,

my friend RelicRacer was riding his 200M up a couple of hills before he got his 350X. He made it up a hill that I did not think he would make it on his tiny bike with no suspension. He naturally started talking crap to me and wanted me to try it on my Recon. Now I could have made it pretty easily but I had extremely bald, like slicks, no tread whatsoever tires on it at the time. Plus my front brakes needed replacing and the back brake lever was broken from a crash and you had to use the footbrake. He wanted to try it so I explained all the stuff above and told him to be careful. Well needless to say he made it about 3/4 the way up and lost momentum and forgot everything I told him. He came rolling backwards at the same speen he went up and turned sideways and went off the trail and hit a rock and that threw him off and the bike over. He rolled pretty good into a big pile of rocks at the bottom and hit his head on a rock that put a pretty good dent into his helmet and left him with a couple of scars that are still there. My bike rolled a couple of times to the bottom and landed about 20 feet from him at the bottom and it was a miracle that the only damage was a bent handlebar!

Old 08-21-2001, 02:14 AM
Boy
Weekend Warrior

I've rolled my Rancher about 5 five times when i stopped counting. but just last winter was my worst. I had got a bran new helmet and was hoping to keep it shiny for a while. but anyway i was following my uncle in about a foot of fresh snow with ice underneath it, the road had about a 35 foot drop of on one side and a rock wall on the other, and it was an old logged off area with stumps and logs, we were going about 40 and we came flying around this corner and there is a kelly hump in the road, so i grabbed the brakes to let my uncle go first, he went off it and landed sideways spinning his tires to keep on moving, but he had cleared all of the snow off the ice and i had nothing to do but grab the brakes and i slid over the jump and landed sideway and then nailed the gas, with no traction the quad went over and i jumped about 20 feet off the quad, landed halfway down the hill face first into a stump, and right after that the fourwheeler came flying down the hill and flipped over on top of me and bounced of down the hill, and when got back up all i had was a bloody nose and a shattered bran new helmet.

Old 08-21-2001, 03:15 AM
Trailblazer

Flipped my 200SX while trying to come out of a creek bed. The banks were very muddy and slicked over. I ended up riding a good wheelie up and then over on top of myself in the creek. Luckily being the size I am and the small size the 200SX is I was able to bench press it up, and keep it from coming all the way down on me while my buddy came to the rescue. Always ride with someone!

Old 08-21-2001, 12:57 PM
Pro Rider

<< This is also the same kid who's flipped his own quad more times than I can count, broke his arm at the track, and has more bruises and scars than I even want to think about >>

Hey ATVer14, You can only count to 5? Sorry again.

Old 08-22-2001, 10:23 AM
Range Rover

Those stinkin' Blaster riders, they don't even know what to do when they get on a GOOD handling quad. At least my engine is still in my quad DareDevil1, Honda's are much more reliable![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

P.S. We're friends, so no offense to Blasters or Yamaha, I was just giving him a hard time.

Old 08-22-2001, 10:57 AM
Trailblazer

iv had my share of crashes lol, you bet! my worst one went like this. out in the farm yard we were gathering rocks from the feild so the combine wouldnt pick them up with the corn, we loaded all the rocks off the trailor then took the trailor off. i was sent to the house on my friends honda 300 2x4 to get pops for us all, i was coming around a corner (i turned right), and when i turned right, there was a ditch on the right side of where i turned, thing is, when i turned right i went right into the ditch, because i came out of the ditch sideways and going 40mph, the left tire which hit first hit the ditch, flipped sideways and flew into the air landing perfectly on the other side of the ditch. i was thrown over a fence not 10 ft away. i never told anybody what happened especially my friend travis to this day. another story, (im bad with flipping quads), same thing almost, going around corners going fast, flipping and it rolling over me and flipping sideways. amazingly we rolled it over and prepared for the worst. we found a bent handlebar. drove home and put old ones on. later they were replaced. iv flipped that travis guys quad backwards in a forest, we were coming out of a creek and there was a line of trees in front of us. i wasnt paying attention because i was talking to travis who was behind me. my tires hit the tree and climbed it lifting my front end, it flipped and the front end hit this guys front end behind me. nothing was broken! the bumper caught the guy behind us racks. i was under the quad when this happened. excessive speed not good [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] lol(laugh out loud). another one:i was on the back of a big bear 400, and we were in reverse, (or we thought?) usually he would slam the gas because he knows it wouldnt wheelie in reverse. the reverse light was on, so he slammed the gas and we both fell off the back and the quad catwalked into his garage. the reverse light was replaced by the dealer they bought it from the same day.

Old 08-22-2001, 02:24 PM
Range Rover

My friend and his uncle have had accidents on the same quad. They have a Yamaha Grizzly 600. It could've been a week after they got it. The kid tried going over a little tree and climbed right up it. All the damage was just a dent in the front bumper.
The second was the worst and his uncle was driving it. He's crazy. We were in our local gravel beds and the banshees, raptors, and ds's were making it up this 80 foot hill. But only because it had rained the day before and it was hardpacked. This was so steep that the banshee almost didn't make it. They just put 27inch blackwaters on the grizzly. He tried going up it, got 5 feet from the top and started digging in. It rolled all the way down to the bottom and landed on it's wheels. All that needed replacing was the front plastic, front rack, and steering column. There might have been more but not that I know of.

Quick Reply: CRASHING