Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Deep Creek Riding.....Will it Hurt Anything???

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2001, 01:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ccman, thats where I always parked. You USED to could park out in the clay pit, but they blocked it off. The powerlines are the only place to park, unless you park on the side of the dirt road. All I can say is that if you keep going there, I hope you have $500 in your pockets b/c they patrol it now. A buddy of mine went there about a month ago and got busted. They just gave him a warning and told him to not come back or he will get a fine. My uncle drove over there in his truck and he said that it was getting growed up since nobody rode over there anymore. Im not too much of a "mud" slinger also and it didn't really bother me any that they shut it down b/c it was getting bad over there with the ruts and stuff. I remember about a year ago when you could go down the gas lines and go to the creek and get in, but now its so rutted out that you have to have a 4WD to get in and out. Antioch USED to be really fun until people started tearing it up and rutting it out. The best thing I liked about it is watching the guys on the dirtbikes climbing "The Wall"!!! Thats a real trip. It will have you on the edge of your 4-wheeler seat! Have you ever seen anybody go up it? If you haven't then you been missing out. I also liked to climb the long steep hill on the gas line where the creek is at the bottom, but dumbass people had to go and rut it out and now if you start up it you will bottom out. I got stalled in the middle of it the last time I went. Then I was talking to one of my friends at school and he said that somebody was climbing it and got out of the ruts and flipped! Guess i'll talk to ya later, Peace!

Old 09-01-2001, 07:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

Jeffman,IT is only illegal to ride on the gaslines and powerlines,Most of the trails are owned by some hunting clubs,the only time people got tickets,they were riding the powerlines and gaslines,and parking on the powerlines,if you know the trails you will be ok,a friend of mine owns 3 acres out there,that is were we park,I dont go alot because I like riding on the gaslines,and riding the swamp,I have only seen 3 people go up the wall,they were riding a CR 500,I rode down to Antioch a couple of days ago and there was about 10 people riding,It is best to stay away,because you have to cross a powerline or pipeline to get to the good riding spots,The reason it was shut down is a guy got hurt real bad,And tried to sue the land owners....lets go riding one day See u later

Old 09-02-2001, 02:14 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds good! You ought to meet us up at Brown Mtn. sometime. Maby we can plan a weekend or something. There is a place that this dude up the road has and he has some trails to ride on. He also has a MX track but he dont want quads riding on it b/c it messes up the ruts where the dirtbikes make in the turns. But he has alot of trails in the woods. Were trying to get in touch with him so we might can go ride tommorow. I heard it was good. Its near Fluff's fishing lake if you ever been by there. I think he has hare scramble races there sometimes. Well, catcha later! Peace!

Old 09-03-2001, 08:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

Jeffman,I know where Fluffs is,We are planning a ride for next weekend,about 10 of us,If we go, try to tag along,we always have a blast,see u later!

Old 09-04-2001, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider

Aight man! We didn't get to go this weekend b/c of rain. Maby some other time. I have never been there. Did you get to go? If so, how was it? Talk to ya later! Peace!