Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Only one company is REALLY listening

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2001, 12:35 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After the news of yet another utility quad from Honda,(sport riders have only been asking for a 650 ex since the xr came out-2 years ago)I hope you all realize that the only company who is truly lisening to what sport riders want is cannondale....4 new sport models,2 of them full race! Guys (and girls) , this is an AMERICAN company that has the guts,stones,cahonies,(whatever you want to call it) to say to the sport riders of America "we know what you want" and then STAND behind it! Whoa! What a concept! They even have one of their directors (Scott Montgomery,son of the CEO) actually frequents the Cannondale forum here and interact with us! Has that EVER happened at any other company? I don't think so..This company is doing what Saturn did to establish themselves in the car market 10 years ago (I should know , I was an EDS rep for Saturn and saw the committment to their customers)..... Read some of the threads on the cannondale forum, and then tell me it makes sense to wait on Honda another year!IF YOU REALLY WANT TO HELP THIS COUNTRY'S ECONOMY,BUY AMERICAN! IT FINALLY MAKES SENSE FOR THE SPORT QUAD RIDERS AND RACERS!!! Man, I just love that little American flag on the swingarm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!That says it all!

Old 09-25-2001, 01:49 PM
Trailblazer

Unfortunately we Honda people like reliability, thus we will wait. I own a Toyota truck, a Mazda car (both with close to 200,000 miles) and 2 Honda four wheelers - All with no problems!!! The only things that have been changed on these vehicles are tires, brakes and mufflers. That is why we will wait.

Old 09-25-2001, 01:56 PM
Pro Rider

Newzboy
I agree 100%
I only wish i could afford one.

Old 09-25-2001, 02:02 PM
Pro Rider

I totally agree too, but like many others, I can't sell my 400EX for the money I have in it with modifications. If I was in the market right now, I'd check them out, if I could find someone that sold them. I have never seen them in a dealership.

Old 09-25-2001, 03:18 PM
Pro Rider

I agree that Cannondale should be applauded for what it has done recently. But, I don't believe they are the only ones. Yamaha has been the only company to consistently produce a high performance (no, a 400ex isn't high performance) machine since the beginning as well as the only sport 2 strokes since the beginning. Now Yamaha has the Raptor and Grizzley 660... In my book that means something. Bombardier came out with the first high performance 4 stroke machine. And Kawi and Polaris both have big bore utility machines too. Honda has done nothing revolutionary for this sport since the 250R and I expect it will stay that way. I sit back and laugh to myself about all of these rumors of the next high performance machine from Honda and all of the people who said up until recently "just wait 'til the new Honda is out then we'll see". Well, I see.

Still, I think the award for the MOST innovate company has to go to Cannondale.

Old 09-25-2001, 07:33 PM
Pro Rider

cannondale- nice quads, very much not cheap at all, take time and money to keep running, fast!

honda- nice quads, all are very well priced, very reliable, fast!

I think i will wait and get a honda!!

i can just put an american flag on my honda, if buying a honda helps are econmey!!

i bet cannondale isnt all american, some of it is probably made in some korean sweat shop!!
!No offense to those koreans!

Old 09-25-2001, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider

Geez, you honda guy's are spoiled! Waiting two whole years with no new 650 sport quad!! I've been waiting since the mid 90's for the annually rumored new Mojave! Oh by the way, WyoDuner, I found your old pass word it is *********[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] L.O.L

Old 09-25-2001, 11:46 PM
Range Rover
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, I'll wait for the honda. Honda's 400ex with its low-tech air cooled lame horsepowered engine will run forever. But whats the point of that? Cannondale could of come out with lame air cooled engine and slammed it in a heavy steel frame and put bottom of the line suspension and tires on it and had the new super-trusty-quad of the year. What fun is that?

Old 09-26-2001, 12:07 AM
Range Rover

I love how some of you guy's talk about how much money it takes to keep the Cannondale running, and don't even have one. I've had no problems with my Cannondale, which is more than I can say for my 99'400EX when I bought it new. I don't have to adjust the values, the charging system keeps my battery charged (which is more than I can say for my 300EX and 400EX), and I don't fowl plugs at all. Know what else, I haven't payed a dime for improvements, and if you look in the Cannondale forum owners that had something go wrong with their quads got it fixed free. I currently own a TRX250X, TRX300, and 00'TRX400 Foreman so I've had plenty experience dealing with Honda customer service, and there is no comparison.

Old 09-26-2001, 12:11 AM
Range Rover

I would love to own a Cannondale, but with the mods I have on my EX I cannot afford to sell it. The Cannondale is the best sport quad available today. It will spank a 400EX, Raptor, or Bombardier. All I can do is wait 'til my 400 gives out and take the loss then. Even if Honda eventually comes out with a different sport quad, it will probably be underpowered and need expensive mods to get its potential.

Quick Reply: Only one company is REALLY listening