Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Headlight on 220 Bayou keeps blowing.....Help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2001, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 98' Kawasaki Bayou 220 and I bet I done replaced the headlight 4 times already!!! Today I was riding and I had my headlights on for a while then I turned them off and went through the creek which was deep and my front end dipped down in the water causing water to go over the headlights. Well when I came out of the creek I turned the lights back on and the light bulb blew! The only side that blew was the one that went under water, the other one wroks fine. Do you think it was b/c I got the light bulb hot and warm and then got it under water causing it to crack and blow? The back of my headlight has a crack in it where I hit a tree one time and it lets water in through that hole. I took the light bulb out and it has a crack in it and its black. Do yall think it would be a good idea to not have the lights on before getting in deep water??? Thanks!

Old 10-07-2001, 10:11 PM
Pro Rider

Ok heres you problem...............OH WAIT this is NOT THE BAYOU FORUM !!! IT'S HONDA please post your topic in the kawasaki forum. Dont get all pissy about this.

Old 10-07-2001, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider

yes, that is your problem. It's like throwing an ice cube into boiling cooking oil(kitchen stuff). It explodes. In the case of a light bulb, cold water on hot glass, CRACK!!. You must replace that head light to keep from bursting bulbs.

P.S.> I can see you probably posted it in Honda, due to Honda forums getting more publicity, and therefore you would get more replies. However, It probably would have been replied to just as well in the Kawasaki Forum as it would have in this Honda forum. Just for future reference.

Old 10-07-2001, 11:33 PM
Pro Rider

jeffman, Hey if your Honda ever blows it's head light or anything like that, feel free to come over to the Kawasaki board. We wouldn't mind trying to help a fellow quad rider. Our average age is well over 15 and our maturity is well over 10[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I can't believe some people! I didn't act that ignorant when I was 15. I know it was a while ago but.......still, what a little jerk.

Old 10-08-2001, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider

I am a jerk because someone didnt post there topic in the right forum ? I asked him to please post it in the Kawasaki forum. 2000MOJAVE you ride a queer *** mojave shut up, go back to the polaris and kawasaki forums.

Old 10-08-2001, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider

<<<I am a jerk because someone didnt post there topic in the right forum ? I asked him to please post it in the Kawasaki forum. 2000MOJAVE you ride a queer *** mojave shut up, go back to the polaris and kawasaki forums.>>>

once again, a good example of immaturity. Some people neva eva learn!

Old 10-08-2001, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider

OK!!!! I dont understand what you guys are talking about when you say "Post this topic in the Kawasaki forums"!!! OK, let me explain to you little kids. Generally I was talking about my bayou 220, BUT this could happen to any quad, a honda, yamaha, or any other brand of quad. Notice I said it had a crack in the back of the headlight cover, therefore my Honda Recon could have a crack in the back of it and it would do the same thing! Besides, Honda IS the top thread that has the most people in it and therefore I would have a sooner reply. And yes Killer250R, im mostly talking to you. If you dont have anything else to say but put downs and talking junk, I would rather you not post at all! I was wanting to hear from somebody that might know what is wrong or might have had the same problem. SO DONT GET ALL PISSY ABOUT THIS!!!

.......hmmmm, maby I should have lied and said it was my HONDA RECON instead of my Bayou so you guys wouldn't have all these smart replies...

Old 10-09-2001, 01:01 PM
RIP Dear Friend

jeffman
I think your right about saying you should have lied and said it was the Recon. I would take some of that ducktape and seal the crack up and then go find that creek again and see if the headlight blows after you come out of it. Chet

P.S. SO DONT GET ALL PISSY ABOUT THIS!!!

Old 10-09-2001, 05:14 PM
Pro Rider

"2000MOJAVE you ride a queer *** mojave shut up, go back to the polaris and kawasaki forums"
Hmmm interesting killer .. you'll realize that telling someone off for no reason gets you no where, well it was a pathetic attemp to tell him off i mean.
Do you see me in here bashing other people's machines?
Who do you think is going to get more respect in the end?.. me .. or you?
If you want your questions answered and you want to make friends with other atvers from around ... wouldn't it help to GROW UP!!

If you truly want me to get imature and start ripping you up, I'll just laugh at you like i do all imature little jerks like you.

Old 10-09-2001, 05:15 PM
Pro Rider

Yes i am sorry for sticking my nose where it doesn't belong but as most of you will agree it had to be said.

Quick Reply: Headlight on 220 Bayou keeps blowing.....Help!