Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

What mods to make a 400EX run with a stock Banshee?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2001, 09:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd like to know what mods must be done to make a 400EX run with a stock Banshee. I currently have a White Bros. air filter, a S-Bend E-series pipe(18 discs), and a 165 main with no airbox lid. How close am I?

Old 10-12-2001, 11:01 AM
Pro Rider

take him to a mx track

Old 10-12-2001, 02:56 PM
Trailblazer

It is possible. Go to exriders.com and click on videos. Then download the 400ex drag race clip. It is a video clip of a 400ex whoopin' a Banshee on a drag strip.

I have several mods to my 400ex (listed down below) and I have beat stock Banshees on the drag strip as well not every time but I have consistantly. It all depends on the start though. Banshees like to spin a lot because they are "high strung" if you know what I mean. The 400ex has produces more torgue at the low end which enables it to up and go out of the gate. However, once you get up through the gears, a Banshee will be near a 400ex. Like a bike length or two behind the EX. In know way by any means a 400ex will kill a Banshee. Now, as for tricked out Banshees, lets not go there. Those things are so fast, it's insane.

Any to anwser your question about how close you are with your mods, you should be okay. I have pretty much the same stuff done to mine and I seriously have beaten Banshees. I raced them in the sand dunes. I have a set of sand devil paddle tires which help a lot. But the Banshees that I raced also had paddle tires on as well. Forget about the mods that you have done to your quad for a second. There are really two factors that you have to think of. One is, getting a good start, and the other is how good the rider is. Both of those are very important. I hope that I answered your question okay. If you have any other questions, feel free to e-mail me. Thanks.

Fourtracker14@aol.com

Old 10-12-2001, 06:42 PM
Pro Rider

Your question is rather vague. Are you losing to a Banshee at something right now? A 400EX will stay with, and quite often, pass a Banshee in everything except drag race. Hate to say it, but, it mostly depends on the rider.

Old 10-12-2001, 07:20 PM
Pro Rider

one cheap way to gain quite a bit of speed is to cut your fenders. my friend cut the fenders on his 400ex and he was a good 6 quad lengths ahead of me when we were flyin down the road.

Old 10-13-2001, 07:34 AM
Pro Rider

good call jug ......cut the fenders and add a 16 tooth front sproket ...youll be able to putt a spanken on him !!!!!

Old 10-13-2001, 09:46 PM
Range Rover

Fourtracker400 is wrong, I have raced everything, including ported 430cc huge cam big pipe 400EX and the most built 400EX in the world can bairly take my LT250R. Banshee's are fast when built correctly, Quadzilla's smoke me and well built Banshee's stick with them. If you want to go real fast buy one of these three quad's, Quadzilla, Banshee, or DS650, those are the only three that can beat me (with less than 2 grand worth of motor mods).

I am completely unbiased here you asked about Banshee and 400EX, I don't have either.

I think the 400EX is a great woods quad but it is just not the fastest out there (by far)

You can look at all the video's you want of 400EX's racing anything but you do not know what kind of an idiot built the quad, or what kind of a tard is riding it.

Old 10-13-2001, 09:57 PM
Range Rover

Juggalo, I used to have respect for you but "cut your fenders" is the dumbest thing you can do unless you race on an MX track. Wind resistance doesn't make any diference until you are going at least 80 - 90 and there is no way a 400 is going to do that. DO NOT CUT YOUR FENDERS, they guy who owned my quad before me did and it sucks!!! every puddle is in your face, every corner in the sand, the sand is in your face.

Wait a minute let me take my headlight off and gain 6 quad legths in a race (DUUUHHH)

Maybe I can put smaller tires in the front and gain 20 quad length's, or god forbid duck down a little and gain 70MPH on my top end.

I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-14-2001, 12:18 AM
Weekend Warrior

2strokesrule, are you serious???? LT250R, give me a break! Your lucky to be winning any races!

Old 10-14-2001, 12:40 AM
bsr
Trailblazer

2strokerules, I agree people who think cutting there fenders will make them go faster is really stupid. Not only will you get mud, sand, and dirt in your face in some cases it will make your 400ex look stupid. Why don't we just remove the plastic all together and put vents in the front and we'll get 10 places better in a race... I DONT THINK SOO.. If anything is going to help it would be making your quad lighter not more air resistant !!! Taking 10 lbs off your bike will make it much faster then any cut fender is going to do....

Quick Reply: What mods to make a 400EX run with a stock Banshee?