Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

HONDA 300's (General)

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-1999, 09:20 PM
mud
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I think that that Gordons 300 thread is a huge loss to the forum and all the Honda 300 riders out there like myself..I have a 99 Honda 300 4x4...I have 24-9.5-11 and 25-12-11 Super Swamper Vampires all around and a D.G. Full belly Skidplate..I also have Cycle Counrty CV Boot guards and a highlifter lift kit. (The lift and vamps are not on the quad yet) I ride alot of mud and have 15 ft. of rope in my storage compartment i have a comealong on the front rack with 10 ft. of cable on it. Well i hope I can get the 300 thread started again...If you have any questions just post em up in here and someone out of all of us 300 riders can help..

---------
Red 99 Honda 300 4x4 Vamped and Lifted

Old 10-29-1999, 11:23 AM
Weekend Warrior

Good start Mud

Hang in there, another of our kind (300 rider that is), just so happened to print the thread out before it disappeared - so, given a bit of patience, and no objection from the powers-that-be - we are going to try to dutifully re-create that thread in all its glory. I have already heard from a couple of folks volunteering to help. That is much appreciated. It will take a few days to get the printout.

The only downside is we do not have the 450 thread, so that one will just have to start over. :-(

I am sorry, I did not realize Dave was working 117 hours a week. That's a bit too much for anybody.

Happy Trails

------------------
Steve "Bog Hog" West

Honda 300 4x4 - Gordonized, Powered and Vamped

Old 10-29-1999, 12:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

here, i have a question another 300 owner might already know...

i'm looking into putting a winch on my 300 4x4, probably i'll get a superwinch even though it's not the best, and i'll just rewire in my own rocker switch. anyways, my question is.,

can you mount the winch under the headlights behind the brush guard (where's there's some space for one), or do i have to use the "out-front" mounting kit that i've seen on other atv's????

i hope this makes since...
also, let me know if anyone has pictures on the internet of this being done..

thanks.
-brian.

[This message has been edited by TheBoy (edited 10-29-1999).]

Old 10-29-1999, 01:32 PM
Pro Rider

To answer your question about the mounting of a superwhinch. I have one mounted up "under" and "behind" the front on my 450. I have seen them mounted that way on some of my friends 300's. The mounting kit you can buy (where they sell the whinches) will put your whinch back underneth and it also comes with the roller fairlead. Hope this helps!

Brad

------------------
FOREMANes

99'FOREMANes The REAL KING of the Jungle

Old 10-29-1999, 02:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just finished mounting a Superwich T-1500
inside under the lights of my 300 4X4 with room to spare. Looks and works great.

Old 10-29-1999, 03:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

isinger,
so, the kit's made to mount under there.?

Old 10-29-1999, 03:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

This thread use to talk about tires specifically for the 300 4x4. Any recommendation for the front tires? I am looking for light and inexpensive (wishfull thinking I know) ones NOT Vamps. The terrain is countryside, woods NOT just mud. My rears are Maxxis AllTrak and I like them. Thanks for the info.

Old 10-29-1999, 04:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

To: TheBoy
I thought someone may ask that. No, I made my own simple kit. I welded 2 pieces of 1" angle iron to the frame (level it so the cable clears the front red plastic by a good margin) and to which I mounted using 4 hardened bolts a 1/4" steel plate that in turn has the winch mounted with the 2 screws provided by the manuf. The material was scrounged up from my garage (and a friend) and welded by a neigbour. A local garage can also do the welding for you for next to nothing in terms of $.
Ivan

Old 10-29-1999, 05:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Superwinch update: Although a non-Honda application, my Superwinch ATV 1500 mounts behind the bumper on a simple L-shaped piece of plate with a slot cut for cable passage through the hawse fairlead, the entire assembly attached to the bumper with hardened machine screws common to the fairlead. The compact size of Superwinches permits favorable mounting geometry on Hondas and other ATV's as well.

Switchwise, Superwinch has a new Rocker Switch Retrofit Kit (Part # 2233) consisting of a heavy-duty rocker switch, switch housing, dust covers (2), and hardware, now under test by the ATV Connection.

Tree Farmer

Old 10-29-1999, 06:20 PM
Pro Rider

I have a 300 question for you guys that I hope you can answer I already posted it once and got no response. I seem to have misplaced my service manual on the 300. I have a customer that has installed a LOT!! of electrical accesories and I need to know what the maximum output of the alternator on the 300 is. I am afraid we are about to exceed this things capacity.

------------------
Kevin Gowdy aka Kagey 1999 Polaris Magnum 500

Quick Reply: HONDA 300's (General)