Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

The big PMC scam!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2001, 01:00 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is it? PMC is a company from FLA. that Sells re-manufactured motors for Quads, PWC and others. You buy a motor, they charge you a core amount so when you send back your blown up motor they refund your core amount, or so they say!.
I bought a motor for my WaveRunner in June. It took 2 months to get here. I sent the core back. They did not refund me. I called many times, no answer. I finally got someone, they said that they did not recieve the core. I got the tracking number, it said what day and time the desk girl signed for it, they finally said they will refund my credit card, 1 month later, no refund.
Every time I call the boss is in a meeting. Last week I got a refund for $50, It was supposed to be $580. Still can't get through to them. Don't know if I can take them to court.

POINT IS: Do not do business with companies like this. They are just out there to rip you off!

Old 10-24-2001, 02:00 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes you can take them to court. Just make sure you have everything documented. The first thing I would do though and it worked for me "Access Micro wouldn't give me a refund either" is to turn them into the Better Business Bureau, they will forward your message to them and follow up on what has taken place. Most companies don't want bad press and will resolve the issue with you immediatly. If they don't care, then send it to court. I dont know about where you live but it usually doesn't cost much or take much time to go through small claims. They probably will just pay you and if they don't show up for court then you win a defult judgement and they have to pay. What if they don't? Well the court will attach onto bank accounts, vehicles, property, anything they can to get it paid. Hope that helps you and good luck

Here is the link to the BBB

http://www.bbb.org/