Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

400ex got smoked by a blaster

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-1999, 09:41 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you arent going to like this but i saw a 400ex get smoked in a super moto race yesterday it sounded great but went so slowly down the straight aways that a blaster passed it oK THE BLASTER was seriously hopped up but it was very funny

youll like to here that a 250r won the mail event some guy called winrow he is europes no.1

Old 10-31-1999, 10:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With all due respect, Quarryboy, why post an account of an isolated incident on a race track on this forum?

Really, what's your purpose? Do you inform the readers of something they wish to know? How does sharing your observation benefit readers?

Generally, I would expect discussion of ATV racing in the "ATV Racing" forum. Do I miss your point?

If everyone knew which machine would win a given race, why run the race? Why would ANYONE enter?

Quarryboy, there may be good answers to my questions; however, the significance of one model ATV passing another in a given race, and YOUR consequent significance regarding this event, eludes me.

Tree Farmer

Old 10-31-1999, 02:09 PM
Pro Rider

Tree Farmer
You do have a way with words!

Old 10-31-1999, 03:14 PM
Range Rover

Great post Tree Farmer!, unfortunately I see Quarryboy Wrote another intelligent post in the Yamaha section

Old 11-01-1999, 04:16 PM
Trailblazer

Hey tree farmer lighten up! You sound like a weeping willow.

First you should clean the sap out of your eyes and look a little deeper at what he was saying.

All he was saying was he thought it was funny and he wished to share it with some fellow ATV people.

The way your typing you must own a 400ex and get passed frequently by LT80's and this is what must be causing your panties to ride up and chafe your tender ash (a little tree humor).

So don't go barking up the wrong tree (more tree humor). Just relax and enjoy the foliage.

Waymod

PS I sure hope I didn't Pine you the wrong way.

Old 11-01-1999, 06:02 PM
Trailblazer

I agree with WAYMOD. Quarryboy has the right to share what ever he wants.If you don`t like it, don`t read it. Stop saying to other what they should or shouldn`t post. By the way, I think that Quarryboy`s post was more in the subject of honda than yours. what do you think ?

------------------
Sylvain Belec 400 scrambler - 225 moto4

Old 11-01-1999, 06:16 PM
Pro Rider

Jim (Tree Farmer), shame, shame!!
Belittling the author of such a well intentioned post is quite out of character for you. I too see the point that quarryboy was trying to make. I find it absurd that you, of all people, cannot decipher the true intent of his bantering. Is it not obvious that in his post, quarryboy is attempting to show that a well modified machine (presumably ridden by an experienced and talented person) will better a lesser machine and/or rider? Is this too obscure a concept for you, or is it too obvious? Maybe it is so obvious, that you overlooked it.

I would contend that quarryboy has exhibited the epitome of wisdom in his post, and am ashamed of you, not for your retort, but for the thoughtlessness evident in it.

Just to make it perfectly clear, the examples set forth herein are to expand the intelligence of the reading public. This includes ALL people, not just the well heeled. It is with that, I bid you farewell.

Then again, this could be fallacious.

Chuck Kreuzer - aka SandmanBlue

Old 11-01-1999, 06:21 PM
Pro Rider

Touche', WAYMOD! Your brilliant wit devestates me. You put-down shows such elegance and sophistication I cannot take offense. Thanks for this hilarious interlude.

While any given model ATV passing any other ATV in any given race is of no consequence to me, I asked Quarryboy some questions; however, you responded.

A_Team, you're quite correct! I merely asked Quarryboy why he shared this particular racing event; thank you for providing possible valid perspective and insight. And you're right, Quarryboy's post WAS Honda-related; maybe Yamaha-related also.

SandmanBlue, thank you for illuminating the profundity of Quarryboy's post; as WAYMOD will tell you, I often cannot see the forest for the trees! However, I must tell you; I did not intend "belittling" Quarryboy; I tried asking HIM why he posted, I regret my question was taken as belittling him.

Quarryboy certainly may post race results in the losing manufacturers' forums; I only asked, why? I appreciate others' efforts answering.

Tree Farmer

[This message has been edited by Tree Farmer (edited 11-01-1999).]

Old 11-01-1999, 06:30 PM
Trailblazer

You know tree farmer if i had the choice i would have a 400ex myself but i have a blaster i was telling you how funny it was to see a 400ex getting passed buy a quad half the size and half the price

Old 11-01-1999, 07:02 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks, Quarryboy!

I accept and appreciate your answer; you speak very well for yourself.

While I honestly didn't get your point, other readers obviously did.

Thanks again for the clarification.

Best wishes,

Tree Farmer

Quick Reply: 400ex got smoked by a blaster