Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

newbie and i have some Qs...

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2001, 04:52 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hello all, i just found this board and i was wondering, what type of ATV would you guys suggest. i do plan to buy 2 ATVs eventually, so what do you guys think. im already thinking about a raptor as one of them and utility for the other. does Honda make a utility the size of the recon except 4x4??? if not could the recon do just as much mudding and climbing as a 4x4 ATV???

i ride ATVsall the time but ive never went on serious hill climbing or serious mudding....just mild and the 2wds seem to keep up just fine...

also, i was thinking about a dirt bike...maybe a cr250...is that a race bike???

Old 11-09-2001, 05:04 PM
Pro Rider

Honda does not make a 4X4 in that size. You could try looking for a fourtrx 300 4x4. But they discontinued it last year but you can still find some nice ones. The Raptor would be a good choice and for a extra 100 bones you can get the Limited Edition. It looks pretty cool. And yeah the CR250 is a race bike. The XRs are trail.

Old 11-09-2001, 05:08 PM
Range Rover

Nope, honda doesn't make a 4x4 250, but if your realy set on 4x4 you could go for a rancher 4x4...Basically a little bigger recon for a little more money. The recon is a good mudder (for a 2x4) and a decent hillclimer (for a utility). I know some people might argue otherwise, but sport quads are the best type for hillclimbing. A cr250 is a race bike. If your planning on using it exclusivly on trails, it's not something you should probably go for, especially if you are new to 'bikes. For trails, a Kawasaki KDX220 is perfect, plenty of low end power, comes with a spark arrested exhuast, and comes stock with good suspension.

Old 11-09-2001, 06:55 PM
Trailblazer

well maybe i will.

what do you guys think of the Yamaha wolverine??

also what about the new suzuki 250 4x4????

also what about the yamaha blaster???

realy?? i was sure that the utilities were better clmibers??? especially my grandpas 300 kind quad, that thing has IFS and IRS...thing climbs the "hard" trails where i ride in 3rd gear...

hmmmm maybe i will look into a rancher...

hey guys, what do you all use to tow/haul your ATVs??? i was thinking about getting e an F150 with an extra cab, or maybe a range, but i cant decide... any suggestions??

also can i go riding in places where peopl go offroading with trucks??? i was considering

yayaya im asking alot of Qs but im just wondering....also i probably wont be buying me an ATV for awhile....gotta get outa high school first....damn parents

Old 11-09-2001, 07:08 PM
Pro Rider

The wolverine is a good bike. It is fast, sporty, and 4x4. If you were just going to buy one quad, I would recommend it. But if you're going to buy two, a Raptor and Wolverine would be fun. If you weigh much over 100lbs, the Blaster might be too small for you. Rancher is a good, solid bike. A Honda too!

As for the hauler, I have a 93 Nissan Hardbody(lowered[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]) and it hauls my quads around pretty good. For our christmas parade, I put my Shee in the back, and a trailer and our Xpress 300 on the back.. It pulled pretty good.

Old 11-09-2001, 07:19 PM
Trailblazer

ok cool,why'u say "its a honda!" like its the best,personally i will only give honda props for ATVs...their cars suck worse than acuras

anyways maybe ill look into a ranger....ill buy me the new FX4..so i can go offroad with the truck and haul my stuff.

do you guys know how long the black raptor is going to be sold for??? i wont be able to get me a bike for like 2-3 years after i get outa high school(thats like 2k6 or so)

i heard sumin like the warrior and the wolverine share the same engin...hmmm maybe i will look into it.....hey is all time 4x4 a bad thing??? all the 4x4 ATVs ive seen have had the option of going 2wd to 4wd

Old 11-10-2001, 12:33 AM
Pro Rider

The fact that you say you are looking into buying two new quads, and a 4X4 truck, and your not even out of HIGH SCHOOL!? hmmm... Honda cars SUCK? ACURA'S SUCK???? (and if your talking about a lowered civic with a huge wing and a coffey can exhaust, I agree)

PLEASE explain why you think the maker of the most quality vehicles on the road "SUCKS".

By the way, that Raptor is going to cost you in the neighborhood of 7 thousand dollars.
Add in a new Rancher 4X4, (a Honda by the way) and a Ford F150 4X4, and WOW.
Up to your NECK in debt. But your still in high school. You dont have the credit to buy a used 90' Geo Metro. You must have some NICE parents.

-Matt
Previous owner of a brand new 2001 Honda 400EX. Sold it to pay some bills.
ps. Im only 21 and graduated High School in 1998.

Old 11-10-2001, 02:11 AM
Trailblazer

ok, i am taling about the ugly rice rockets that have to use nitrous to even get as fast as a raptor or 400ex(when total suped up)

i wouldnt saybest quality though, id say ford or chevy has that one...honda does have the best economy cars....but im part hick so econo cars me jack crap to me.

well, my parents are gonna pay for my first car, so im gonna try to find some sort of 4x4, maybe a 97' ranger or somethin(no debt yet)

next, the raptor will cost me 6500 roughly, and i dont plann to take out a loan and pay it off in installments,im gonna save up for a year and half(a the very most) and buy me one, no fus no muss.

also i mght get the recon first...depending...on what seems better.. racing or wooded areas

either way, the other ATV is gonna come a year or 2 later

i know i sound like i amgonna have a great job, but at minimum wage(which is what i wont be making when i start working) i wold make roughly 14-16k a year...thats really pathetic,but if all i have to save money for is for insurance, gas, and some personal items, i can easily afford a recon or raptor or wolverine or whateva

Old 11-10-2001, 02:56 AM
Pro Rider

Andrew,

I'm not even going to type what I want, cause I'm not stupid. We all know your are either 13 with very bad math grades (becasue of your lack of figuring out your yearly wages properly) and have a bad case of know-it-all sydrome, or you are making up some stuff to be funny and stupid. Well, I personally think you are making some stuff up to be funny and stupid because you have nothing better to do. I have no problem if you are young and don't know much, because I am 16 and was on this site since I was 14, and once was in that same place.

If you are rich and spoiled, good for you. I had to work for what I have while playing baseball, football, and maintaining a 3.5 GPA. What I have wasn't just given to me, like it was for some kids my age. Many of them don't even respect what they have, one of my friends in particular. I respect what I have, and am thankful for being able to have it. Maybe I am blowing this out of proportion, and am being to hypocritical. If I am, I am sorry. But, I will tell you this. In order to make 14-15k a year, you have to make about $1250 per month. THATS GOOD MONEY for someone your or my age. YOU ARE CALLING IT PATHETIC!!!!???? Get real. To whom are you comparing that to... a aeronautics engineer at NASA? Bill Gates?
I could go on for an hour, but I'm gonna stop there.

Old 11-10-2001, 02:57 AM
Pro Rider

Wow, ford and chevy best quality, that's a first. Learn to at least type legibly when trying to make a point.

Quick Reply: newbie and i have some Qs...