Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Got a question for you smart mx people.

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2001, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering what would be a good front tire size for my 300ex. No trail riding, just mx. What other mods should I get to make my quad faster in the races. As of right now I have a Cobra exhaust, K&N power kit with no air box cover, front fenders shaved, front wheels flipped around for width, 20x11x9 Tamers (I'm getting 18x11x8 when ever I get the money), Works dual rate shocks, Pro design kill switch, and Nerfs, bumper, etc. If you have any tips on what else to get please let me know.

Old 11-22-2001, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider

YoDaddy, I emailed you about the K&K Radials. If you read this 1st, they're $68.00 a peice. Nacs uses Marshalls, and they're $71.00. I believe Riken has the best. Too bad mine are grooved too deep!

The cheapest way to make your quad better would definately be to find 400EX or 250R A-Arms, swingarm, and shocks. The only other thing you would have to buy would be a shock re-locator. This conversion is by far the cheapest suspension/chassy mod available! But the best mod you can do to your quad is to ride it. Get good on the track, and keep your body together[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. Practice makes perfect.

Old 11-23-2001, 11:21 AM
Range Rover

If you don't have it, get riding gear, but most importantly a chest protector. Nothing hurts more than baseball sized roost from a 250r.

Old 11-23-2001, 01:02 PM
Pro Rider

I would get the Holeshot mx instead of car Radials. The car radials work great if the track is just right but if it gets a little muddy they plain dont work. I keep two sets of tires for track conditions,Thats how bad they suck.The holeshot mx will give great traction in any condition!

Old 11-23-2001, 02:17 PM
Pro Rider

seven, a friend of mine that races with me says that he can MAYBE get 10 races out of a set of Holeshot MX's. That's not alot, and radials NEVER wear out. ow long can you go?

Old 11-23-2001, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider

It depends on the track condition,If It is a real dry hard pack track you will be lucky to get seven races out of them,But if thats the case i will run my car radials becouse they do work a little better and wear better.But at our track they run Pro quad first and the track is usually just watered and the radials suck.When the track is damp you dont have near the wear on the holeshot mx and can run them hard about 15 to 20 races before thinking about a new set. Kind of of the subject but we had Nic Grunland come over and race our track after quad wars and that guy is super fast. He was actually using 12 inch rim car tires.

Old 11-24-2001, 12:56 AM
Pro Rider

hey i run 12 inch car tires too. they are the same thing as the 10" verson. they handle the rough stuff better, but unless you have a zero preload shock it will hurt your cornering some. i haven't bought any holeshot front tires yet and probaly want if they are wearing out this quick. (two years on my radials) but the radials do suck in the mud (carry a set of knobbies for that). first off you should have the correct saftey gear, a chest protectror is a good idea, but a good motox helmet and riding boots are essential. doesn't matter how good you are if your sitting in the stands watching with an injury. secondly, you need to decide what you plan on doing with your quad. before you spend your money on some shocks decide if your gonna leave the stock lenght a-arms on your bike or get wider ones. your shocks have to be set up for one size a-arm. most rear shocks are ok so just buy the fronts. on motor x tracks the suspension is the most important thing, so concentrate on that first. 18" tires are a very good idea and a wider axle is too. good luck. fellow racer airtime

Old 11-24-2001, 11:41 AM
Pro Rider

first off you should have the correct saftey gear, a chest protectror is a good idea, but a good motox helmet and riding boots are essential. doesn't matter how good you are if your sitting in the stands watching with an injury.

How's the shoulder coming along?

Old 11-24-2001, 12:24 PM
Pro Rider

if your asking me, mine is fine. i have the correct saftey gear and i am injury free. atleast for now. i have broken two laeger ball joints already and have escaped with out an injury so far. i wish i had went with a better a-arm (lonestar has the bigger ball joints as alot of other's do now) fellow racer, airtime

Old 11-24-2001, 12:40 PM
Pro Rider

Make sure your chain a sprockets are in good shape, if not get some good ones. I recomend sidewinder but, they are alittle bit higher. Also a case saver will save you alot of trouble and $$$'s. Also a good set of handlebars will make a big difference in how the quad feels and how you feel for the next moto!

Quick Reply: Got a question for you smart mx people.