Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Just got brand new 250EX!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2001, 09:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My brother just got his new yellow 250EX. From the little ride I took on it, I think it's pretty awesome. I didn't think that a 10% increase from the Recon engine would be much more, but it definetaly feels more powerful. And light, boy is it ever. The reverse procedure is world's better than my 300EX's. And it is also very easy to wheelie. Right now we have a little problem with the rear tires bouncing because they have a flat spot in them from being in the crate. The suspension is great also. And jumps great. Just thought I'd post something about it.

Old 11-28-2001, 09:37 AM
Weekend Warrior

Ours is about 5 months old and we love it. Great light-weight sport quad. Flys through trails, mud , jumps, etc. Easy to use - so it get's lots of use. No chain to mess with. We keep ours very clean because thats about the only maintenance it requires. A real pleasure to own.

Good luck with it.

Old 11-28-2001, 06:08 PM
Pro Rider

Just interested to know if you noticed that the bike "pushes" (understeers)in turns??? It's like sometimes you turn the bars and nothing happens. This was serious enough to me, that I changed to Holeshot XC tires, which cured it real quick. The bike is a bit tippy too, and the Holeshots cured that also. Enjoy the new ride!!

Old 11-28-2001, 07:07 PM
Pro Rider

Hey, im wanting to sell my Bayou 220 and get me a 250EX. How do you like it man? I have a Recon which is about the same thing, but not exactly. How does it ride on trails, creeks, hills, jumps, etc.?

Old 11-28-2001, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider

I haven't had a problem with pushing yet, but my brother said it did a little on him when he was about to do a donut. And it is a little tippy, I almost flipped it twice when I was turning to fast. And jeffman,my brother loves it, and I can't say I don't like it either. I think it jumps awesome for the limited suspension it has and have yet to bottom it out yet. Couldn't tell you about the creeks part, there are none around here, but I can tell you that when it starts raining a lot again. But I know it will be better than my 300EX for that sort of riding. On trails it does good because of the tight turning radius and good suspension. It also slides and wheelies really well. I was even able to shift it while doing a wheelie, something I couldn't do on my cousin's recon. The recon just took to long to engage between gears. Ok thats about it I believe.

Old 11-29-2001, 08:04 AM
Range Rover

jumps are the funnest with it! wheelies are easy! and for the tipsy part you guys are 100% right but that comes in handy when you are going to pull off a 2 wheeler which is the easiest put with almost any quad you can do it but with the 250EX it is especially easy and you can make it stay up there forever! no exageration! hope you have as much fun as i do on mine!

Old 11-29-2001, 08:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]What are you guys talking about tippy?the 250EX doesn`t tip at all for me even with it`s normale tires.I know have racing scorpion tires(similar to turf tamers)they give me way more traction and torque.They also help your jumping.The other day I did a jump with ny bike and it was just insane to do.The shocks didn`t bottom out.My friend let me do it with his 300EX and I got the wind knocked out of me.The 250EX DOES NOT TIP.It is an awsome slider and cat-walker.The tires do help though but even without the tires it never tipped once for me and I do some insane stuff.(I am in motocross)Well ifanyone want`s to know if they should bUy one I say[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]ON`T BE STUPID BUY one they rule!!!!!

Old 11-30-2001, 10:50 AM
Pro Rider

hey jeffman, how much are you selling your bayou 220 for, what year is it, and does it run good, (any problems or anything?)

Old 11-30-2001, 04:32 PM
Pro Rider

masterofthe250EX: not trying to be rude, but you must not push yours to the limits or something. Because everyone else on here says its tippy, and thats because it is. Its not overly tippy, just a little tippy, which is not always bad. You are right it does so cat walks and slides very well.

Old 11-30-2001, 05:04 PM
Pro Rider

Exactly - 01TRX300ex - If your not tipping your not going fast enough into the corners!

You mean some folks drive with less than WOT???

Quick Reply: Just got brand new 250EX!