Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Honda's New Hi-Performance 4-Stroke!!??

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2001, 12:54 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going back to fourwhls comment: "Have you guys ever heard one of the new cannondales run? They sound like a powerstroke diesel. I asked the guy riding it, something was coming apart"

The reason that the Cannondale sounds so different is because the dual overhead cams are gear driven, not chain driven like conventional quads.

I don't own a Cannondale or even a "high performance" quad for that matter, but I am sick of everyone not giving the Cannondales a chance. How many of the people in here commenting on them have even riden one?

Facts are Facts, and we must face them. The HONDA 250R's have been dominating for almost 15 years!!! Not once have we seen any type of corporate backing from any manufacturer. Then, along comes Cannondale, and WHAM!!! After only a little over a year of involvement in the motorsports industry, they are fielding a pro team this coming season. At least they have the cahones to take a chance, unlike the other manufacturers.

If you look at how much the dirt bike side of things have progressed in the last 10 years, ATV technology is lacking. How much simpler can it be to take an XR400 motor and put it in a 250R frame and have a 400EX? We deserve more than this. Then if you take into consideration the Raptor, you have another primarily "borrowed" motor that is put in a frame that leaves much to be desired.

We'll just have to wait and see what the new Suzuki is like... once again, dirt bike motor(a good one though), but then you have the retarded 1980's style chain adjustment... I hope they can do better than that.

I'm not saying that the Cannondale's are perfect, just that they are the only manufacturer who has stepped up to the plate, and built the machine that all of us have been asking for.

Thanks

Old 12-07-2001, 03:07 PM
MrP
Pro Rider

Forget about Honda coming out with a true high-performance 4-stroke quad. Cannondale is doing it now! Go and buy an <u>AMERICAN</u> made Cannondale. Good Luck.

Old 12-07-2001, 03:10 PM
Weekend Warrior