Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

300ex, or 400ex??????

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2001 | 01:51 AM
Pro Rider

I hope your kidding about the XR100 !! Thats got to be the most underpowerd "drit bike" I have ever ridden, it will barley pull a wheelie if you dump the clutch WOT !

Old 12-24-2001 | 01:53 AM
Trailblazer

got another suggestion?? I'm not quite 4'11" - i'm hella short!!!!!

Old 12-24-2001 | 10:14 AM
Pro Rider

Get one of those LEM race bikes, they are made for verticaly chagenled people but there FAST

Also a CR80 NON-EXPERT might work out too.

It's only about $800 more then the XR100.

Old 12-24-2001 | 12:44 PM
Trailblazer

i was thinking about the CR80 but i have never heard of LEM race bikes. Who makes LEM race bikes? Can you tell me anything about them? I like power and I don't want to be unhappy cause I got the wrong bike for me.

Old 12-24-2001 | 01:30 PM
Pro Rider

Try this http://acracing.com/site/home.cfm?Catalog=49

There are LEM bikes there.
They got crazy power, suspension, and speed for there size.

Old 12-24-2001 | 01:51 PM
Trailblazer

thanks for the link. very cool possibility! perhaps i will marry you after all! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-24-2001 | 02:12 PM
Pro Rider

Sweet [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 12-27-2001 | 11:43 PM
Pro Rider

dunechick, I ride mostly at Sand Hill Ranch, Carnegie, Hollister, and the Stanislaus National Forest.

Carnegie is VERY veticle, so you have to be careful with a quad there. It's small, only 1,500 acres, or so, and gets super hot in the summer. This time of year the traction is awesome but it's a little soupy at the bottom of the hill. The best things about this place ate that it's close and it's cheap ($5.00 p/truck). Carnegie is located between Livermore & Tracy.

Sand Hill Ranch is my favorite because it's only ten minutes away from my house. The bad news is they soak you for $20 p/quad (OUCH!). They have several tracks including a flat track, MX, hare scramble & pee wee. They've rebuilt part of the hare scramble track, but I haven't been there since it's been redone. They have a race series going on right now with the next race, The Hangover Marathon, being held on Jan 1. It's 45 min + one lap. Otherwise they're open everyday from 8 AM to sunset. This place also becomes a furnace in the summer. It's located on Camino Diablo Rd. in Brentwood.

Club Moto is another pay to play track in Livermore. This is a very, technical and challenging SX track that will beat the heck out of you. The average skill level here is somewhere between pro and super human so, besides loosing a few fillings, you get a real lesson in humility. The jumps are set up for two wheelers, which is part of what makes this track so difficult. For most recreational quad riders this is a once or twice a year spot just to say "yea, I rode it". They have a web site, including helmet cam clips, that tells you all about it @ www.clubmoto.com. Oh, qhads are only allowed on the track on Sunday afternoons and Tuesday nights.

Hollister is a great riding area. Like Carnegie it's part of the SVRA system. It's close to the Bay Area and is big enough that you can spend a weekend there and not ride the same trail twice. It's got a good mix of terrain with lots of trails and a few scary climbs, and the quad track is awesome. If you're riding with the "garage queen" crowd, they might find the sticky clay found here to be a bit hard on their chrome and custome graphics, but for real off-roaders it's a cool place.

Stanislaus Nat Forest is in the Central Sierra's. We camp/ride in the Groveland Ranger Dist., just outside Yosimite. Nothing too challenging here, but losts of 60+ mph powerslides on the loging roads. There are miles and miles of roads here, with loops over 50 miles long. Stay out of this place during hunting season, though. Otherwise it's alot of fun and it's free!

Hope this helps.

Old 12-28-2001 | 02:42 AM
Pro Rider

15 years old huh? I bet you and your buds do a lot of racing with PINEWOOD DERBY cars...

I'm selling off my entire stock in ONE auction on eBay. Over $400.00 of pinewood derby cars, equipment, hop-ups, etc... and the auction starts at $1.00. (I know- I'm crazy).

So if you'd like to partake in this incredible auction- click this link:

Pinewood Derby - Ebay Item # 1681609455

Cheers!

Old 12-31-2001 | 04:14 AM
Trailblazer

thanks Scott for the great information!!! I will put it to good use [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 300ex, or 400ex??????