Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Full Bore Plastic Colors

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2001, 03:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey yall, i need some new plastic for my 250R and was thinking either OEM or fullbore. I've heard Maier sucks. Fullbores website says they only come in red, white, black, or blue. I thought there were more colors. Are there? what colors? Also, what color combinations would look good on a 86 250R? I was thining red plastic red frame....white plastic, black frame......white plastic w/ red hood and tank cover, red frame....any other color combinations look cool and original?

Old 12-30-2001, 03:22 PM
Pro Rider

whats fullbore's website? I forgot it a while back and i wanna look at the raptor plastic.

Old 12-30-2001, 03:38 PM
Pro Rider

A guy I know just got white Full Bore put on his 87. Its white, and he put the red Skin graphics on it with the red seat. Man that thing looks SHARP!! Red frame too. I like my graphics/frame colors, but am thinking about powdercoating my frame red instead of black. I dunno, its a world of options and opinions.

Old 12-30-2001, 04:05 PM
Pro Rider

red plastic white frame. yes fullbore is sweet! maier sucks REALLY bad! don't ever buy it. fullbores site

Old 12-30-2001, 04:10 PM
Pro Rider

Hondaman85 copy and paste my URL to see some combonations of different colors. The red one w/ 295 on the tank is fullbore plastic. The others are maier, but at least you get to see the different color combo's.

Old 12-30-2001, 06:06 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for all the responses yall. I was looking through an old ATV Sport and just saw a 330R with black fullbore plastic and a dark blue frame. Man, is that thing hot!!! The a arms and swingarms are chrome as well as many other parts. I think i might go with black fullbore plastic, silver vein or silvervein with pearl white clear coat frame......what does that sound like to yall? Yay or Nay?

Old 12-30-2001, 06:30 PM
Pro Rider

I was just at maier's web site looking at their plastics and let me get this straight.......why are they so bad? Cause i'm really considering gettin their plastic, cause it's sooooooooooo much cheaper than full bore or OEM. Just refresh my memory of why it's so bad....

Old 12-30-2001, 06:42 PM
Pro Rider

Everyone says Maier sucks because it's thing. Very thing. I run black Maier on both my quads, and the Banshee's has taken many beatings, and never cracked. Maiers plastic aren't bright and shiney like Full Bore's either. I do believe if you wait long enough, Maier will come out with a higher gloss line though. In Dirt Wheels they have a cherry red Raptor, and its plastics are very bright.

Old 12-30-2001, 09:06 PM
Pro Rider

The Maier plastic does not shine. It's like comparing a painted car to one thats just has primer on it. Maier is very durable as far as cracking goes. They are in the process of making SHINY plastic. You want the factory look you have to pay the factory price. Call them to find out. If you get Maier get the one piece hood and fender. It's the white one that say 295 on the rear fenders in my url sig.
One piece hood w/ 1/4 fenders... http://community.webshots.com/script...ity=gRMrWWgpKb
Three piece fenders and hood w/ no front fenders...http://community.webshots.com/script...ity=fvBbjacyhR
Full Bore plastic... http://community.webshots.com/script...ity=JgrAdtESuL

Old 12-31-2001, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider

Alright here's what i've decided...

Black Fullbore Plastic-race cut
Silvervein Frame unless i see another color that looks better while there.
Chrome arms and swing arm, axle, bumper, etc.
polished motor

sound sweet?

Quick Reply: Full Bore Plastic Colors