Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Finally got a photo album, tell me what you think

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2002, 03:07 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, whats up people... Been lookin around for a site to host some photos for me, and found Yahoo to work just fine.

Check my 400 out, just bought her not too long ago and since then Ive trimmed the Maier plastic, and done a few things. Tell me what you think.
Some of you might have read my other recent posts about it burning a TON of oil. I have a Powroll 415 kit on the way. Should add a little power to go with its aggressive look.

Click on "Matts Photos". Pic #1 is my personal favorite.
Also take a look at the 86' LT250R my brother recently bought. I havnt seen it in person yet, but it sure looks to be damn near showroom. It is said to have the ORIGINAL tires. Ridden VERY little. And the best part? He stole it for 1650$.

copy and paist this in your browser:

http://photos.yahoo.com/mrcool680

Old 01-29-2002, 01:54 AM
Pro Rider

Mr350x, why did you sale your 350x? I bought one a while back, I have been wanting one since 1985. Anyway, I love mine. I recently completely took it apart and I am restoring it. Just got the frame finished, sanded and painted, same with the swing arm and axel. The cylinder and head are in the shop being prepped for a Powroll 368cc big bore kit. I bought a new SuperTrap exhaust, new carb, new Sidewinder sprockets and Ti series chain, and a bunch of other stuff to include new plastic and tank. I can't wait to get it all back together and ride.

How does the 400ex compare to the 350x? Is the 400ex faster than the 350x buy much? I know that the 400ex has more power stock than the 350x, but the 350x is lighter. I was just curious about how closely they compare and figured you were the one to ask since you have had both of them. The 400ex looks like a nice ride. I just hope that once I get my 350x all fixed up, that I can at least hang with the 400ex guy's. At one time the 350x was a pretty bad machine, but now I guess, it is not too impressive with all the big cc machines out there. One thing that I do like though is, how everyone looks at the 350x when you take it out to ride. It is definitely something cool and different in a world full of only quads [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Thanks

Old 01-29-2002, 02:27 AM
Pro Rider

Hey whats up...

The 350X is still one of the strongest bikes out there. The 350X you saw in the pics was a bad-*** machine. The motor was freshly rebuilt, and I had a brand spankin new clutch in it.
I raced two of my buddies raptors with the same results. I would kill them in my first 3-4 gears. Then they would creap by... slowly. We would top out around the same speed, as I had a tooth larger sprocket in the front than stock. That 350 would jump out of the hole faster than any stock machine Ive seen yet. (2nd gear drop clutch)

my 400EX vs. my 350X. I actually never raced them. I always figured they were equal, possibly the 350 having the edge. It was just plain quick.
I had to sell the 350X to pay off the credit card that I charged part of my 400 on.
I was sad.. VERY sad to see it go. I absolutely loved it. I also love my 400. (soon to be an IMS 440, no more powroll 415)
Anyways, my 350X would easily HANG with the stock 400s in a drag and most likely pull them, and my buddies on their Raptors were deffinetly impressed with its front lifting and holeshot grabbing torque. A fun machine indeed. As you can see in the pics, it was a gem. Absolutely the cleanest 350X I will ever see. My X also had a Supertrapp exhaust, and the stock Raptor guys were very envious of the sound. When I would race one, the other would say that he could not even hear the Raptor. That 350 was lound and mean sounding.

Your X with those mods will not hang with stock EX's, it will send them back to the garage whining.

Have fun!