Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

How old are you people anyway?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2002, 09:50 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm 36 and have been riding atc's and 4 wheelers for 26 years. I have the creek in my walk to prove it. I read these postings a lot and was wondering if anyone is in the same age group and has the same experience. It seems that I ride faster now than ever or maybe it just seems to go by faster than it used too.

Old 02-25-2002, 10:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am 34 and have only been into 4 wheelers for a couple of years. was into bikes as a kid then I got hit by a pickup right before I graduated from high school. Dang near killed me. Missed graduation. that kinda freaked me out real bad I still wont get back on my buddies xr400. so I ride a four wheeler now. I havent been on a two wheeler in 17 years. And don't know if i ever will. IMHO I think quads are more fun any how[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-25-2002, 10:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

Soon to be 34 been riding various toys for about 25 years. Been fun but painfull on occasion. hospitals, broken bones,orthopedics, neurologists ect. I still ride fast - but don't heal as fast.

We all gotta go sometime--might as well be on four wheels

Rob..

Old 02-25-2002, 10:23 PM
Trailblazer

I will turn 36 this Aug. I've started riding dirt bikes when I was 4. Just playing mostly a few Hair scrambels(Cross Countrys) once in a while. About three years ago I traded old 250 trail bike for a quad becuse I wanted something that I could ride all year long. I've been hooked every since. This will be my second year racing MX and I can't seem to go fast enough. When I was rode bikes as a kid I think the biggest thing I jumped was a little creak in the pasture that was about 6' wide. This weekend I finally cleared my Stepup jump, I messured my landing at 92'. Most people say you get smarter with age but my wife tends to argu that!

Old 02-25-2002, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider

I am 44. I have been riding for about 3 yrs. or so. Discovered atving while at a drag race using a racer friends Badger 80 to visit other racers in the pits. Took my son to the next race, he rode the Badger and we bought it soon after. Well, son crashed on Badger riding where he should'nt, so the logical step was to buy another and ride together in the woods. So, mommy wanted to go too, and now we have 3. Anybody recognize this scene? Best hobby I've ever had. I feel like a teen again when we are out flying thru the woods! I wish I had found this hobby years ago.
bobcatv8

Old 02-25-2002, 11:40 PM
Trailblazer

I can't believe the technology in todays machines. I think about days when I used to jump things on a hopped up atc 90, then the trimoto came out. I got one of those and hopped it up and couldn't imagine a atv getting any faster. I never thought that someday they would have long travel susp and up to 660 cc in a sport model. My kids really have it good, I bet they won't have the chiropractor bills that I've paid. They cant imagine having no suspention on anything. Also Varmit your name would happen to be Ritch would it?

Old 02-25-2002, 11:52 PM
Trailblazer

No my name isn't Rich but he lives down the road about a mile and he's the one that talked me in to jumping my first double. Now I can't stop!
I can't imagine the machines that we'll be ridding in 10 more years...

Old 02-26-2002, 12:01 AM
Pro Rider

I am 19. got my first tri z 60 three wheeler when I was 3 been tearing it up since then

Old 02-26-2002, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider

i'll be 37 in may i been riding for about 15 years now, quads about 5.
i raced dirt track cars for about 5 years got to be too much$$$ so i started fourwheeling.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] now im spending as much on them as race car lol.Honda2000 know what u mean about not healing as fast [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-26-2002, 12:18 AM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good thing Bobcat posted or I'd be the oldest one here. 43 in a couple of weeks and hope to celebrate by taking my B-day off and riding with my wife. Been riding for 5 years now and am working on getting all of my family rides.

Jaybee

Quick Reply: How old are you people anyway?