Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Considering a Rancher ES 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2000, 09:07 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just thought I'd pass this on. I obtained invoice info. on the Rancher ES 4x4. According to what I read, the invoice price with freight is around $4700. The "average" assembly cost Honda gives is around $34. But obviously this is only a number as long as they are selling fast and supplies are low.

Old 03-02-2000, 10:41 PM
mic
Weekend Warrior

After one weekend with my rancher es and being a new rider, it seems to me to be a very versitile unit. I backed it off the truck, met up with two other riders and off to the woods. i was met with all types of haqzards (mud, hills, water and tight turns with trees on both sides)which it handeled with NO trouble. This is my first quad, if you can't handle this atv, stay home. I love my 4x4 es orange(cool color).

Old 03-03-2000, 08:43 PM
Pro Rider

look at the yamaha kodiak

Old 03-04-2000, 01:31 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Rocko, do you work for Yamaha or something? I'm glade you like your Kodiak, now if Daddy will let you in the garage you can drool over yours all you want.

Old 03-04-2000, 06:42 AM
Pro Rider

Hello,

I was DEAD SOLD on a Rancher untill I rode the 2000 Yamaha Kodiak. I never rode an Automatic ATV and was against them untill I rode the Kodiak. PAtrailrider wants a suggestion between a Polaris Big bore and the Small bore Rancher. The Rancher is a Small Bore machine. The Kodiak is in the middle and very niclley done. In a test shootout against a Honda 450ES it beat it badly. Honda is struggling to keep up by adding useless LED instrumentation and a push button shifter. No adjustable shocks. Stuck in 4X4 all the time. I have rode both the Rancher and 450ES and would take the Kodiak any day.
The Kodiak has all Disk brakes. A super tight turning radius. Push button 4X4. Liquid cooled 400cc's. Low center of gravity. Adjustable shocks. Superior EBS. I love it.
As for the cowardly reply by Bob4x4. No I don't work for Yamaha. I am old enough to be YOUR Daddy.
I just call them like I see them. Judging by your childish reply and the fact that you don't provide your e-mail addreess so not to be replied too.... Well it speaks for it self.

Old 03-04-2000, 06:43 AM
Pro Rider

Hello,

I was DEAD SOLD on a Rancher untill I rode the 2000 Yamaha Kodiak. I never rode an Automatic ATV and was against them untill I rode the Kodiak. PAtrailrider wants a suggestion between a Polaris Big bore and the Small bore Rancher. The Rancher is a Small Bore machine. The Kodiak is in the middle and very niclley done. In a test shootout against a Honda 450ES it beat it badly. Honda is struggling to keep up by adding useless LED instrumentation and a push button shifter. No adjustable shocks. Stuck in 4X4 all the time. I have rode both the Rancher and 450ES and would take the Kodiak any day.
The Kodiak has all Disk brakes. A super tight turning radius. Push button 4X4. Liquid cooled 400cc's. Low center of gravity. Adjustable shocks. Superior EBS. I love it.
As for the cowardly reply by Bob4x4. No I don't work for Yamaha. I am old enough to be YOUR Daddy.
I just call them like I see them. Judging by your childish reply and the fact that you don't provide your e-mail addreess so not to be replied too.... Well it speaks for it self.

Old 03-04-2000, 07:59 AM
Weekend Warrior
Old 03-06-2000, 04:06 AM
Pro Rider

of course the kodiac has a superior EBS because the rancher doesn't need one. the rancher has a geared transmission to slow it down. i will take the rancher over the whinny trannyed yamahaha any day....

Old 03-06-2000, 11:34 AM
Pro Rider

Cartman308, your right on the money! I narrowed my search to the kodiak and the rancher, after test driving both it was an easy decision. The tranny on the kodiak vibrates like crazy, no thanks. Love the rancher, best quad for the money right now.

Old 03-06-2000, 01:14 PM
Pro Rider

Bottom line Rocky, If someone here is interested in Yamahas, all they have to do, is go to the Yamaha forum. This is the HONDA forum. Judging from the fact that this discussion was started in the Honda forum, I would guess the person responsible for it, has narrowed his desission down to honda products. Who's ya Daddy!

Quick Reply: Considering a Rancher ES 4x4