Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2002, 06:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey YODADDY, what does WFO mean?>

Old 03-19-2002, 06:09 PM
Pro Rider

Killer250R, looks like the Moderators took out your 250R forum. They claim no advertising, but it is advertising that pays for this forum!!! I pay nothing to use it, so the only way to keep it up is to have advertising on the page. Mods, you are contradicting yourselves, what you are saying is there is no FREE advertising on this page.

Old 03-19-2002, 10:36 PM
Pro Rider

bwarndog- WFO = Wide Fu<kin Open

Ltracerx- I'm going to contradict myself (in an earlier post I called someone dexter for correcting someone about a history subject) but I guess you can call me Dexter to [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] . Actually a fact is something that CAN be proven. Even though when you said, "riding quads can cause blindness." isn't true, it IS a fact because it is something that can be proved (either wrong or right). Saying quads are better than bikes is and example of an opinion, because different people feel different ways.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] To the guy I argued w/ in the banshee vs. 250R topic: Sorry, I guess I kinda stuck my foot in my mouth on that one.
To the guy I called Dexter: Sorry, I guess I kinda stuck my foot in my mouth on that one. YOu have EVERY right to say the same to me now.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 03-21-2002, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider

my 84 125m is fast it does like 22mph WFO. lol/[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-22-2002, 12:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the fastest stock quad ever was the lt 500.and believe it or not the second fastest stock quad was the tecate 4.thats all i have to say cause the rest of them you could throw a blanket over them.

Old 03-22-2002, 05:22 PM
Trailblazer

the fastest stock production quad is the banshee. Next is the raptor,then the ds , then the cannondale , then the 400ex. found that one in 4 wheel atv action.

Old 03-22-2002, 06:04 PM
Pro Rider

Whether or not Dirt Wheels contradicts themselves I have seen more articles that say top speeds:

C-dale = 74mph
Raptor = 71mph
DS 650 = 68mph
400 ex = 64mph

I have seen a few other articles here and there claim some other numbers but these are the numbers I've seen most consistantly. You almost have to go with the average numbers given by all the magazines because I've seen to many people dreaming about how fast their quads are. I've seen people have someone ride behind them in a car to get their top speed which is very unaccurate and even most gps systems claim a speed tolerance of + or - 3 or 4 mph. I seen a letter in atv sport not to long ago where some guy claimed his DS 650 was stock and went 80mph and basically they said our tests are more accurate than yours because they have to be but you're more than welcome to bring your DS to our office and prove us wrong.

Old 03-22-2002, 06:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For each run we would get a computer time slip and with three readings. One would record a totally laps time( the time it took to get to the finish line), another would give us a top end in ph reading (as ATV cross the finish line), and the final time would be the amount of time it took to travel the first 60 feet of the course.

For the accompanying bar graph, we decided to choose the best single top speed and the E.T.( elapse time), in sixty foot time, witch was registered during the eight official runs on each machine.

WHATS THE FASTEST?

The over all top speed in elapsed time award goes to the Suzuki 500. Quadzilla turned in the best elapsed time of 15.09 seconds of the top speed of 79.22 mph. However, it wasn't the clean sweep for the big suzuki. Out of the 6 machines evaluated, the Banshee was the quickest in the 60 foot drag race at 1. 902 seconds compared with the 500's 1.938. The Kawasaki Tecate-4 was toped in the 250 division by recording a 15.81-sencond elapse time and top speed of the 74.75 mph.

The test riders reported that each machine topped out in high gear before the top-speed timing lights, giving us true top speeds for the fleet of hyper fourwheelers. Complaints included snivels about the notchy shifting under speed on the Quad 500. The Honda FourTrax also had trouble shifting into 6th under power. All the machines worked best by taking off in second gear, except for the Tecate-4, which launched best from first. We also heard some grumbling about a squeaky, grabby, but otherwise functual clutch on the Tecate.

The rev limiter on the four-stoke Mojave was put to use as it blubbered and sputtered across the finish line. (Rev Laminators are built into the ignition of some ATVs to keep them from over revving impossibly damaging the motor) We also found that the FourTrax was the most Susceptible to wondering at high speeds, though it was never unnerving to the point of backing off.

THAT SETTLES IT!

There should be no more problems with the top speeds of the high-performance ATVs right? For the first time ever, we gathered the fastest shockers and ran them though the electronic timing lights under the ideal and identical conditions. In the end a machine named Quadzilla prevailed and nearly hit 80 mph in the quarter mile making it the quickest stocker that you can buy.

Old 03-23-2002, 01:53 AM
Pro Rider

IMHO I only consider what I can buy new. I'm no mechanic and I wouldn't buy a 10 year old or older quad because there are just to many variables that are unknown. If you are saying the fastest quad of all time then Zilla it is. The fastest production quad you can buy new is a Dale.

Old 03-23-2002, 10:55 AM
Pro Rider

THAT SETTLES IT!

That's right, that settles it, the fastest quad is the Cannondale Moto. In fact the other 3 quads Cannondale manufactures are 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, with COMPUTER TIME SLIPS!!!!

Quick Reply: Whats the fastest stock quad period?