Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Worst Accident on a Quad

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2002, 09:35 PM
The Facility
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Worst on a quad would have to be snapping the entire front end off of the frame landing from a jump DURING a motocross race on a 300EX about 5 years ago.

Worst crash period was on an ATC110 in the early '80s. Running wide open [about 30mph LOL] and hitting a barbed wire fence. Lots of scars from that one.

Funniest crash. It wasn't me. A buddy had been having a needle valve seat problem on his BigBear and he never would fix it. It kept putting gas in the bottom of his airbox. Wouldn't ya know it that one day the heat from his exhaust melted enough of the airbox that the gas dripped down on the pipe. Kabloom, airbox lid blew off, seat blew off, HE blew off. Landed on his @$$ in the middle of the trail. He was nearly run over. He wasn't hurt. He even laughed with us. Could have been worse though. I keep a picture of his shredded airbox and seat posted on the bulletin board at work.
Needless to say, when I recommend a needle jet set for a customer's carburetor, I get no questions.

Old 03-19-2002, 10:00 PM
Trailblazer

ok this happened last summer.. i had a 97 honda fourtrax 300 4x4 and my freind had a yamaha timberwolf, we were mudding in a friends "trails" that he just made.. no one knew about any obstacles there. we were on the side of a steep muddy hill that was next to a deep creek and i was leading.. and when i got to far ahead i decided to look back and didnt see him, so i turned around and went back. about 7 yards from where i was i saw him but not the fourwheeler. and i was like, what happened, he pointed down and his timberwolf was upside down in the creek, and its was alomst completley under water! so i got my rope and tried to pull his atv out and i got caught in a rut and my atv went straight up and fliped backwards and rolled into the craak to. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .. it was a scary day but we had fun. we had to get a hand winch to pull both atvs out cuase nobody else would go in there with theirs.. both our fourwheelers got flooded pretty bad and we got sum bumps and brusies but as they say, sh*t happens huh [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] sum advice, always ask ur "bud" have u been through the trails yet??.. o well. better days,
Rubi Mudder

Old 03-19-2002, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider

Those are great stories, i have my own story even though it may not be the worst accident. My brother was riding his 1985 honda125 when our wonderful neighbor threw firecrackers at him, He swerved off of the road and slammed the atc into a tree. He wasnt hurt but had many bruises and bumps.The story after that was long but lets just say there was a battle long before that. Now the atc is gone but i have my 300 to tormant them with.

Old 03-19-2002, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider

<< backwards and rolled into the craak to. >>

Yes lets alllll roll backwards into the crack!

Old 03-19-2002, 10:26 PM
Range Rover

One time when I had my blaster I tried to climb this huge sand pile at this one gravel pit, and I was about 5 feet from the top and it didnt have enough power to make it so I tried to turn around the the tires dug in and I bailed and scrambled to get out of the way b/c my four wheeler was rolling down and it rolled all the way to the bottom. Luckily I was fine and all that happened to my quad is it busted the bead on the tire.

When I first got my 250r It had a twist throttle, so I was trying to get used to it. And I had a single in my back yard and I jumped it and the throttle stuck wide open in the air and I landed and it wheelied 3rd gear pinned for about 20 feet straight into the back of my dads horse trailer. I went flying over the handle bars straight into the trailer, and I hit so hard the whole thing moved about 1 foot forward and I broke all the welds on the door!

Old 03-19-2002, 10:30 PM
Trailblazer

&lt;&lt; backwards and rolled into the craak to. &gt;&gt;

oooppss... my bad.. i meant creek [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-19-2002, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider

But.. I.... Wanted to roll around in the crack [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 03-20-2002, 01:06 PM
Pro Rider

This one time at ATV camp...oh sorry. Here are a couple of my worst accidents, luckily they were when I was younger and only had a trx125, lol.

My friends and I are riding a local frozen over river/creek about 20'-30' wide. We are getting ready to head home and pull out onto a smaller unfrozen stream the feeds the creek to ride up and out. Well I gave it a little to much gas climbing the hill and it shoots up in the air throwing me off and I landed in the stream (mind you that it is about 20 below), then the atv comes down on top off me with the handle bars landing across my chest. Can you say painful?! And what's worst was that my friend had to drive me home with me on the back of my quad soaking wet freezin' my a$$ off. I probably had a cracked rib(s) but I was too scared to tell my parents. lol.

This other time my family went to Arkansas to visit relatives and we brought our atv's. Near my grandmothers house there is an abandoned querry with trails running all around it. There was a section that went up a 50' hill and then down. During the week I was getting pretty good at it going up and even slapping my dads hand, who was standing on top of the hill. Well, we was getting ready to go home and we wanted to show the rest of my family the trail and this little trick. So they come out and I'm going up the hill slapping my dads hand until the last time I go up and by the time I get to the top I've lost a lot of speed, I slap my dads hand but do not have enough forward momentum to keep going and I flip over sideways rolling down the hill with the quad and everbody watching.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

And that's why I am the way I am today.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 03-20-2002, 05:59 PM
Pro Rider

my worst accidents have resulted in a broken arm, 18 stiches, and just little other things.

Old 03-20-2002, 08:08 PM
Trailblazer

i got hit by a truck, thats about it. Concussion, hematoma in the back, just to name a few.

Quick Reply: Worst Accident on a Quad