Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Worst Accident on a Quad

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2002, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who in this forum has ever gotten into a bad accident on their quad,weather it was getting stuck in the mud,jumping it,etc... I was just curious cause ive heard about some real bad ones.

Old 03-18-2002, 11:51 PM
Pro Rider

It was a beautiful day, a saturday! and riding was all me and my buddys could think of. We started heading into the forest when one yells a few gurgles from inside his helmet. I stand up and look back at it while slowing down, he starts yelling very loud, "MM UT UR UH REEE" he says, as I slow down he comes nearer and nearer, I found he started saying "LOOK OUT FOR THAT TREE" and when I turned around, a small branch nicked my glove, and a small peice of the Thor logo was ripped off in result of poor quality.

Once my warrior even came up on 2wheels going 10mph!

I got in big trouble for this one..... I was riding too fast on my lawn in the snow, and I was on a patch of ice on my front lawn, and I was in 3rd gear, going fast across it trying to powerslide. I didnt powerslide, instead the front bumper hit the firewood placed up neatly on the fence, and it all came down! I had to pick it back up.

<< stuck in the mud,jumping it >>

I cant say that I have stuck in the mud jumping it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Haha, once i was in a mud hole with my warrior and I got stuck so bad that I made a hole with my tires so deep the front end lifted up to the sky and it tipped back on me.

A week before I sold my warrior it was all good weather, and I was making small jumps, I went off one of them, and the front tires came down too soon and when I hit my hands were all shook up. Now I suffer from hurting hands while jumping.

Another thing, this winter, I was powersliding all over my friends feilds, he on his atc, I was in the middle of a powerslide, when my rear tire hit a hole, a big hole, a really big hole (or was it a gigantic nerf gun!?!??!?!) my warrior axle almost fell off because of this, it rolled, I rolled, we rolled together!

I hit another hole (nerf gun?) and my boot got caught up on my pegs, and the warrior dragged me going feet first into the snow, all this snow got in my jeans, hat, helmet, shirt, gloves, coat, and goggles.

I never noticed how tippy 3wheels were until today lol. Just stand up, even in 1st LO, itll tip when in a full turn.

Old 03-18-2002, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider

man you are one funny kid, ill be laughing the rest of the night

Old 03-19-2002, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider

We have lots of desert with low hills here, some of them steep. This weekend our local paper reported on a 54 year old man who climbed 3/4 of a hill, started sliding back downhill, the machine turned across the hill and rolled on top of him. Killed instantly, despite wearing a helmet. Witnessed by his son, on another ATV. Do they get any worse than that? Every year a few people around here get killed similarly. Last week I heard about a 13 year old kid landing a jump on his dirtbike, broke both ankles and drove his legbones down past his heels. That'll leave a mark...

Old 03-19-2002, 01:55 AM
Pro Rider

i was at hollister hills and i was trying to make it up a hill because i was just feeling a little crazy, most of the hill was loose dirt ....ok about my 3rd time trying to make it up i had good momentum and had chosen a good line (well what i thought was a good line) and about 1/2 way up the hill my right rear wheel caught a rut and the quad reared up and sideways and it went bouncing head over heels down the hill and it made it about 20 feet and i finally caught it. by this time it was just rolling backwards down the rest of the hill and i managed to grab the brakes and it stopped, so i turned it around and rolled down the hill w/ the clutch engaged, lickily i had a slightly bent rim, tweaked (not bent) handlebars, bent brake and clutch lever and thats it...by the way....that hill was steep, and i had worn out tires so my tires were just spinning all the way upand it just flat out STOPPED in the rut and it just flipped it over ...i was pissed, that was at the very beginning of a 3 day trip....ok...so i ride back to camp and my grandpa asks &quot;what in the hell happened to you&quot;, so i told him the story and he was all...ok well i think we ought to try and fix this cause i didnt drive you 2 hours just to turn around and come home again, so we bend back the brake and clutch lever , and we really couldnt do anything about the steering so every 5 seconds or so i would have to correct myself beacuse it would veer off to the right, and then...im out riding again there was a small flat area, so i just stop for a few minutes and when i start up i decide to do a few doughnuts before hitting the trails so here i am in second gear going around and around when i hit a gofer hole, i mean a BIG gofer hole ok so i hit this gofer hole and i just flip over , my quad throws me off and i land on my *** and my quad is sitting there ...upside down and i look at it and just say to myself...&quot;why me god, why me?&quot;
p.s.......this is all withng 2 hours...2 biffs in 2 hours.....by this time im steaming, but thats not gonna stop me...i go for a little trail ride and by this time im beat...its about 6 o' clock...so i say its time to head back to camp and get some grub and some rest....tomorrows a whole other day

THE END

Old 03-19-2002, 01:57 AM
Pro Rider

p.p.s....this is no joke, it was all within 2 hours

THE END AGAIN

Old 03-19-2002, 09:26 AM
Pro Rider

A friend (about 60 years old)was heading to his cabin on his Yamaha 3-wheeler. Had to cross a small brook. Coming upo out of the brook the bike tipped back on him and he couldn't get out from under it. He drowned. When they found him his dog had chewed the fenders off the bike trying to get if off the master.

Old 03-19-2002, 08:14 PM
Pro Rider

I was riding in some gravel pits that i have never ridden in before, and was having a blast. My friend and i were jumping and doing rainbows like mad and having a grand time. Than it got dark and we decided to go up a huge hill that overlooked everything for one last hurrah before the day was up. Well we said our good bye and i went down this hill first. I was looking behind me to see where he was at, when i decided it best to turn around and look where i am going. Well just as i do i see something, the trail i was riding turns, but i don't. i slammed on the brakes (but to no avail) and went sliding off this 15ft cliff. straight down i went, i was looking right straight towards the ground. with eyes wide open, and hands clenched i slammed into the ground. but i realised i was still on my quad at the bottom, i wondered how in the hell that happened. Turns out my friend went another way and saw the whole thing. He said i was at least at an 80 degree angle off the ground, and somehow my front wheels grabbed and caught me. Nothing really broke accept for now i have a slight squeak in the front when i ride. Never found out what that noise was though. Anyways we said our goodbye's, and went our seperate ways. He Still laughs at me for it, and the other times i screwed up with him.

Old 03-19-2002, 08:59 PM
Trailblazer

well about a month ago me and a few of my friends went riding on a friday night. I was riding my 400ex, my friend louie was on his warrior and my friend ray on his rancher and my friend justin on his 250ex. well justin is leading the pack and i'm behind him just hauling *** and we come up to a corner on this powerline trail that I've been down alot before and I got so much speed up and to let you know i have no rear brakes. I was thinking the corner was more of a turn but it wasn't but me thinking I grap a load of the front brakes and next thing I know I go flying over my quad and my quad goes tumbling over me and landing on all four wheels. so basically i did a flipping endo which didn't turn out too bad for me. my right shoe had a big slash in the side which i don't know how it happen at all and my foot hurt for a least a week after that. we got to justins house and put duck tape around it so i could ride better cause I was not riding hard since my foot was coming out of my shoe and I had to ride like that to his house and i was getting water and mud in my shoe and it was cold outside. my friend ray was behind me when i flipped and he was worried at first but afterwards he said it was kinda cool because he said my headlights were going all over the place when I flipped. well that's the first time I had flipped my 400ex and haven't done it again since. by the way i wasn't wearing any protection what so ever when I flipped but hey i never do but my advice is you should wear gear when you ride your quad but hey the choice is yours. well peace out everybody from #1 stunning madmike

Old 03-19-2002, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

about last week i went out riding my blaster with a friend on a 300 ex and i was fallowing him he went over a jump and stalled i didnt see him at the bottom i went over it and locked up the front wheels did a backwards wheelie and was on the back of his quad with mine on top of me it didnt feel to good and again with him we where doing dopughnuts on a frozen pond and i decided to go to a diffrent ponda and i fell through into 3 feet of water wich sent me over the handlebars

Quick Reply: Worst Accident on a Quad