Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

What is the best ATV trailer that you can buy?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2002, 01:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] I am looking to buy a 2 place ATV trailer, but have no experience with trailers. I will be doing alot of highway driving to get from CT to other states. Also some pretty rough roads in Maine.

I have narrowed it down to 3 choices .

1. Triton SL8 - built well, alluminum, big gates on both sides that fold down, small 8"- but fat tires, good suspension.

2.Triton UT88 - same as above, but instead of big gates is just a flat trailer wit a ramp that stores underneath and can move around for acess to both sides and back. This trailer might become more handy for non ATV hauling, but seems dangerous not having any side rails.

3. a heavier 6x10 trailer that has 15'' tires. these kind of trailers come with back ramps or entire trailer can be tilted. what I like best here is bigger tires, but I hear that as long as you keep on top of the Triton tires they will be fine.

Anyway - I would appreciate help from anyone with experience with the Tritons or any other trailers.

thanks,
Dawgboy

Old 03-22-2002, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider

I have a triton SL8 and love it. Locks up in my garage next to my truck and holds both of our Cats. I don't have to lug ramps around and my truck bed can be used to haul our stuff. The trailer(1700 lbs.) is light and that makes it easy to tow with my Dakota R/T. Not that I don't have enough motor just not alot of suspension travel. The gates work great and the quads can be racheted to the trailer with ease. Check out my web sights to see some photos and video of our in the first couple of sections.

Dakota R/T

Old 03-22-2002, 09:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hi

I dont no much about these traillers but if you can take a torsion axel instead of a spring axe do it. A torsion one is smouther, a lot more quietter and a way less maintenance do do. Think about it, springs bushing do wear out and have to be replace, usually the bolt to are seased.... The extra youll pay now will be trouble free for a long time. The only maintenance to do is hub maintenance.

Old 03-22-2002, 11:42 PM
Pro Rider

If you are doing a lot of highway traveling, I would go with bigger the bigger tires, absolutely.

Old 03-27-2002, 03:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

I live near Elkart IN where I think they manufacture 90% of all trailers...I bought a utility trailer from a MSI dealer that is rated at 3500 lbs and also has a tilt bed. tires are mid sized car tires with strut suspension. I can haul my Honda Recon, Polaris TrailBoss & an Eton 50 with no problems.With used tires this trailer was $600.00. 6' x 10' inside measurment.Plus I use it for everything else...
Good luck!